Slipping Through the Nets.

Thread: Slipping Through the Nets.

Slipping Through the Nets.

You know, what bothers me the most about this article is, if they got 20 that had prior convictions, what about the ones without convictions? How many slipped through while this government is busy boasting about the ones they got.

Police keep paedophiles from tsunami victims

The Minister for Justice and Customs, Chris Ellison, says Australian paedophiles have been caught trying to travel to Asia to prey on children left vulnerable by the Boxing Day tsunami.

There are reports that 20 Australians convicted of child sex offences attempted to go to Indonesia and Thailand immediately after the disaster.

Senator Ellison says the paedophiles were on the national child sex offender register, which follows their movements.

They were all prevented from entering affected countries.

Senator Ellison says the Federal Government and Australian Federal Police are working closely with Asian authorities to stop paedophiles from travelling to the region.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...4/s1346787.htm
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

This was on TV also soon after the tsunami, they caught alot of these "sick" people trying to kidnap children

This is a significantly larger problem than most people know... I've dealt with several computers loaded with it... all have been reported and I never heard what happened... my old boss at one place I used to work was a peddler of that stuff... he'd have young 12 -16yo girls dissappear into his office for hours... he'd hire young girls as sales reps and man they could sell and they barely knew anything about computers... he is a rather dirty man... I remember one guy actually had that crap in a slideshow screen saver once... not that I did it myself but they are easy to extort for more money...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by arch0nmyc0n
    This is a significantly larger problem than most people know... I've dealt with several computers loaded with it... all have been reported and I never heard what happened... my old boss at one place I used to work was a peddler of that stuff... he'd have young 12 -16yo girls dissappear into his office for hours... he'd hire young girls as sales reps and man they could sell and they barely knew anything about computers... he is a rather dirty man... I remember one guy actually had that crap in a slideshow screen saver once... not that I did it myself but they are easy to extort for more money...
    did you report him or something?

Tattoo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    You know, what bothers me the most about this article is, if they got 20 that had prior convictions, what about the ones without convictions? How many slipped through while this government is busy boasting about the ones they got.

how is the government suppose to catch the ones without prior convictions?

IMO let 'em boast all they want,20 is better than 0.

thats a great job! good for them !
    Last edited by crazyman; April 16th, 2005 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman
    how is the government suppose to catch the ones without prior convictions?
    Exactly, it's very, very difficult to know how predatory behaviour like this can be identified if the ones involved or those who know about it don't report it (and often they don't, or at least haven't in the past). How feasible would it be to require everybody going into situations like these to sit a lie detector test to see if they're secretly going to molest kids? So often the decent people who are quite un-involved with any of these sort of things end up paying a price also for the harm done. I just think it's a sad indictment on society when such a basic concept as the need to protect children puts everybody under suspicion and breaks basic bonds of trust. It even shows up in things like UN Peacekeepers raping and abusing women and children they're supposed to be protecting!

We've seen situations here in Australia like the infamous "Dolly" Dunn who went around filming target kids for years, and travelled overseas for procurement, now anyone filming children is acting suspiciously. I used to take a lot of photos of friends' kids when I visited on holidays, and I have a lot of happy memories in the records of them growing up, riding the bicycle I painted for them, getting an award, etc... But now I think very carefully about taking snaps of any children, last time I stayed with friends their eldest daughter wanted me to come and watch her umpire netball, I didn't even take the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    did you report him or something?
    He's friends with powerful people in this area... I dunno if he supplies them with the stuff... but either way the cops raided the place once before I started working there... either they didn't find anything or there was a deal made... I'd probably go with the latter more than the former... Now, the guy was a shrewd sales/businessman, I learned quite a bit from him considering I couldn't sell water to a thirsty man before I worked there... This guy could sell ice to an eskimo, he's extremely charismatic... which is probably one of the reasons why he's not in jail right now... I've posed the question to a few of the local police that I sorta know and they say not to ask about it anymore... I heed their advice...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar
    I say round em up put them in a big jail forever or make it a capital crime... and use capital punishment
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

Going to prey on children after a major disaster
    There is no other puniushment fit except permanent capitol punishment
    Last edited by Ferrit; April 20th, 2005 at 11:40 AM.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar
    Want something to pee ya off read below...

http://sask.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/...dmondson050420
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

I have delt with it a times, the local police came with a warrent took the machine, (from the mother if the sicko, we heard) they stormed his house SWAT style, took all computers there. and they got a conviction out of it
    I had to give a statement to the dective. They got him on multipul machines.
    its sad but we got him. Power to the Geeks that stop those bastards
    I like trafic lights

IMHO nothing is perfect so something like this can surely happen
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

What about the paedophiles who are not on the national child sex offender register and those with the humantarian masks moving to the nations affected in their mourning?

That is the question to be asking Ross.......

what about the ones slipping through the nets.....

BUT having said that...how does one check, how does one catch the ones that don't want to be caught
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666