DesignJet 220

Thread: DesignJet 220

Post DesignJet 220

I'm trying to run a designjet 220 plotter on a PIII with 64MB RAM. Every time I try to plot, the PC freezes. I have downloaded the latest drivers, uninstalled and re-installed several times but always the same thing happens: PC freezes for about 60 seconds then caries on as if nothing has happened! All cables etc are connected properly. Nothing happens on the plotter itself, no lights or anything... Can anyone help?

Exclamation

I take it you've already been to HP's website for your DesignJet.

You didn't mention which version of WinDoze you're using. Did you also download the AutoCad files for your OS? Just for grins, you might want to check out HP's website for Current Issues with AutoCAD and Windows Driver.

Also, check out HP's website here for HP Designjet printers - Test Printer Communication from DOS.

Lots of good info there...let us know how it goes...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Well, I have done as you suggested but no good. I have also tried a win98 laptop (PC was W95) plugged into plotter but same thing happened. I downloaded latest drivers for laptop too. Am I missing something? A self test print on the plotter itself works OK. I have swapped out all cables etc and tried another (deskjet) printer onPC which worked. Could plotter parallel port be busted? Anyone heard of this happening? Any help greatly appreciated......

Exclamation

Did you try the link above for testing comminications? Did that work in DOS?

From what you're saying, it does sound like it is a plotter problem...especially, if a DeskJet works fine...also, if the plotter fails on another system. Just for grins, you might check the connector pins on the plotter for bent, broken, etc.

The only thing that I could come up with isConfiguring the Driver in AutoCAD Release14 Software.

Sorry I couldn't help out more...
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!