Putting a Picture into Multiple feilds in a table

Thread: Putting a Picture into Multiple feilds in a table

Putting a Picture into Multiple feilds in a table

Hi,

Im just starting out in the vast world of web design but every template or existing website I seem to look at normally is made up from tables, however any images that are in the tables seem to be split into sections and then saved in individual files.

Is there an easy way to split a single image so that it'' fit into the table??
    It's not big and it's not clever!!

Most web pages are developed from a table structure. The trick is to build tables within tables and merge cells where you want to structure the page correctly, also format the picture so it wraps around text by setting where it sits within the table cell. Example center left or right and format and align the cells within the tables.

The merge cell function will help you place an image across where you want to put it.

Front page is terrible to play around with cells and tables, i can never get it to do what I want, dreamweaver is much more "mayet friendly".

An idea to get you started is to take a webpage that has the end product of what you want and view the source as a text file, you will see the html code that gets everything where you want it. Another idea is to copy paste pages into graphical programs like dreamweaver or front page and that will show you how the author created his tables.

It takes a bit of work with borders to finish the page properly.
    Last edited by Mayet; April 29th, 2005 at 04:36 AM.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

ok, but if i've got a picture that spans 3 boxes of a table is there an easy way to cut one file into 3 smaller sections and get the proprtions correct easily??
    It's not big and it's not clever!!

I would do it in photoshop, duplicate the image another two times then crop it to the size or cut it to how you want it.

http://webdeveloper.com/html/html_table_splicing.html

This above tutorial tells you exactly how to set the rulers then code it onto a page.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Paint Shop Pro has a function to do this. It offers several ways to slice the picture and will even give you HTML code to display it properly.