A Few Questions...

Thread: A Few Questions...

A Few Questions...

Hi! I have some questions that i was hoping you could help me out with guys.

1. I am using Nero version 6.6.0.13. What I want to know is where is the option the stop the dic from ejecting once I have finished burning?

I have looked for it but can't find anything and it is very annoying well for mr anyway.

2. I have an LG (GSA-4163B) DVD-RAM Drive for which I want to upgrade the firmware version.

The instructions say to set the drive as a master on the secondary channel and then run the update. Is it neccessary to do this as I have a lot of other drives in the system and it gets a bit messy.

The hard drive is on the same chanel and the DVD-RAM is set to Primary slave.

Thanks

Well, I don't know if this will help or not. I've got Nero Express 5.5 and you can click on Configure, Expert Features. There is a box to check for "Do not eject the disc after the burn is complete".

Concerning your question about where to have the DVD drive hooked up, I would definitely follow the accompanying instructions. Especially if you have to boot to a floppy to run the Update. It probably goes looking for that certain path.

HTH

Thanks I've found the eject option.

To update the firmware for my DVD-RAM you just run the update in windows like any normal update.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakas
    ..The instructions say to set the drive as a master on the secondary channel and then run the update. Is it neccessary to do this as I have a lot of other drives in the system and it gets a bit messy..
    You've sussed your own questions with Dons help while I wasn't looking ! - but the reason why they tell you the bit above, is incase anything in your setup is amiss as the flash actually gets written to the whole channel & its up to the devices connected to it as to whether they want to process it or not, any 'mistakes' might lead to changes on the wrong item (its rare, but can & does happen, generally however when there's two writers on the channel, or its the only time I can recall it happening).