6200tc

Thread: 6200tc

6200tc

I have an Xpert GeForce 600TC 16x 16Mb PCI Exprees card. On the box its states its capable of 256Mb, yet only actually shares 128Mb. I have 1024Mb as two 512 sticks dual channelled. How do I get the card up to 256Mb please?
    XP Pro, Gigabyte K8NF-9 mobo.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

Nvidia makes 3 flavors of that http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce6200_pci Two have 16mb or 32mb onboard and support 128mb. The other has 64mb onboard and supports 256mb. Is it possible yours was packaged wrong?
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Yes, I suppose so. It only announces the 256Mb on a sticker put on the box. The original 128Mb is stated on the box itself.
    Is there any way of changing the share size on these cards, as you would with o/b graphics? Ive looked everywhere I can think of in display properties etc, but no luck yet.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Not that I'm aware of. My understanding is that the memory caching is meant to be transparent. Take a look here: http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.c...e_6200-03.html It has photos of the different versions - perhaps you can identify what you have.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

You were quite right. The box had been labelled incorrectly, the supplier had only just become aware when I rang him, and the card has been swapped. Thanks.