Help with the HP Laserjet II please

Thread: Help with the HP Laserjet II please

Microsoft Headquarters, 7th level of Hell

Question Help with the HP Laserjet II please

Very nice old lady brought in her printer today (a HP Laserjet series 2 printer from back in the day of 1987 when i was 5)

Anyway her printer has what i believe to be a bad power supply in it. I have spare parts however i dont have a clue what i am looking at!

So if someone could help me out with like a manual or technical blueprint type thingy (oooh all the technical terms) i would really appreciate it---Thanks!!!

AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.2 gigahurtz
    1.045 gigabytes pc 2100 DDR Ram
    2X 40 GB HDDs running in raid as 1 80 GB Ultra Scusi 160
    Geforce 2 MX 64mb
    Soundblaster X-Gamer

Microsoft Headquarters, 7th level of Hell

By the way-just so you dont think im a complete moron (which i am) i did check the HP website and they no longer have to manual for this printer available on the web i would have to spend like $45 to have i t shipped out to me in a week an i dont wanna do that.
    AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.2 gigahurtz
    1.045 gigabytes pc 2100 DDR Ram
    2X 40 GB HDDs running in raid as 1 80 GB Ultra Scusi 160
    Geforce 2 MX 64mb
    Soundblaster X-Gamer

Exclamation

Yeah, bummer that you can't download that Service Manual somewhere. I've looked also.

Having said that, I do have the Combined Service Manual for the LaserJet II & III...model numbers C33440 and C33449.

You said that you "think" the power supply is dead. Why is that? Is there any display at all on the front panel? I've worked on these monsters for several years. If you have any particular questions, let me know and I'll try to help you out.

The part number for the AC Power Module is RG9-0205-000. It is physically located where the AC power cord plugs into the back on the right side of the printer. Depending on which Serial Number the printer is, there might be a push-button circuit breaker on the top of the Assy. Open up the top door, it would be located on the right inside...look for a green button...make sure it is pushed down.

The part number for the DC Power Supply Assy is RG1-1394-020. It is physically mounted in front of the AC Power Supply...towards the front right of the printer.

The part number for the High-Voltage Power Supply Assy is RG1-0936-110. It is physically located on the front left of the printer...it has the Density Control knob on it.

You may notice that all of these part numbers are Canon part numbers. You will find out that practically all of the HP's LaserJets and DeskJets are actually Canon products.

Anyway, hope this helps you out...Good Luck!
    DonJ

P.S. And please don't say that you were 5 years old back in 1987.

...sigh...
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Try looking up Laser Pros. They can get you schematics, parts, etc.

Very good source for info and parts.

btw, that's www.laserpros.com. You may want to setup an account with them as their website also has techtips section as well and their tech support is very talented.