Why is this site sooo lame now?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this site sooo lame now?

Why is this site sooo lame now?

Wow, this site used to be a former shade of itself. I guess it is true, the people make the board, not who owns it. I mean there is soo little traffic on this site, I went on holidays for a week, and there were still some of the same topics when I came back on the 1st page of the lounge, and other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppro
    Wow, this site used to be a former shade of itself.
    It is a former shade of itself.

It started to go downhill after Trip was made a moderator

I went on holidays for a week, and there were still some of the same topics when I came back on the 1st page of the lounge, and other forums.
    A week? Perhaps I could find you a site where there are forums where nothing has happened for more than a month?

It started to go downhill after Trip was made a moderator
    no it started b4, when when trip got rid of large numbers of the regulars, then became a mod to piss the ones off that were still using WD. take me for example, now that hes out im back!
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

Does it matter when or why it happened? The only question is can the current group of members sustain a viable community, or are they going to wither and die? The lurkers are still out there, the user questions are still being posed, so why can't it continue to thrive with different members?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Trip got rid of no one
    Trip has been gotten rid of
    case closed
    If a person is what allows or keeps you from coming you have bigger issues
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    Trip got rid of no one
    Trip has been gotten rid of
    case closed
    If a person is what allows or keeps you from coming you have bigger issues
    So I guess that jumping ship and going to where the creator, nay, the founding father, of Windrivers is now is an even bigger personal issue I have to deal with on a daily basis...

[/end sarcasm]

No the real reason this place is dieing is because it’s no longer a community…that’s the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    So I guess that jumping ship and going to where the creator, nay, the founding father, of Windrivers is now is an even bigger personal issue I have to deal with on a daily basis...

[/end sarcasm]

No the real reason this place is dieing is because it’s no longer a community…that’s the bottom line.
    This site has gone through "splits" before.. This one is more sever then others.. but it will bounce back as it always has.

Also remember that it's summer for most people, it's always quiet this time of the year.

The chat goes through similar cycle, but nowhere near as major has what has happened here. People leave, new people come.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Wow, this site used to be a former shade of itself.
    used to be a former shade - heh ???

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    The lounge traffic has made a shift to another location, but that has happened before and will likely happen again down the road.......Over the years, I've seen a lot of members here split off and create their own forums, and each time, some of the regulars have got all up in arms and left, but almost all of them always seem to return. This time Scott left, so there is a greater following, but I wouldn't call this site "dead" by a long shot.

This is still a great site for tech queries, just a lot of the lounge crap has died off, which may not be a bad thing at all.

I like your optimism Mat, but you're out of touch with the forum. This place has been dieing since February...long before the summer "slow down" you referenced. BTW, Since I've been at this forum I've never seen a summer "slow down"...

And this isn't a split, this is like when the Bulls winingest coach Phil Jackson was let go after bringing home 6 championships in 8 years. Every single free agent on the team left, MJ retired a second time, and the team hadn’t seen even a playoff game since. This is bad, and it’s going to take years to bring any “community” back to this place. I can honestly say that I believe Jupiter will put an ax to this place long before the “community” gets back to thriving again…just my guess of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute

This is still a great site for tech queries, just a lot of the lounge crap has died off, which may not be a bad thing at all.
    Dude, the tech queries are by far less in number. They are also less challenging then they ever were, and the answers now are few and rarely accurate or helpful. And typically unchecked by moderation, or ample input from the savvy community, and most certainly not at all timely. I don't mean to say that you guys aren't doing your job, just saying that as a whole, there is nothing being offered technically around here like it used to. Oh yeah, and the lounge has died a little.

Judging from the last half decade.....nothing has really changed. People come and go, chat rooms open and close.........and well, people are still coming and going, and chat rooms are still opening and closing. This ain't no Damnstudleyboyz so don't go start whinnin' about members or the quality there of.
    Sofa King Retarded

Part of the problem is the explosion of alternative forums that have come out.