Event Id: 1003 on Windows Server 2003 Std.

Thread: Event Id: 1003 on Windows Server 2003 Std.

Unhappy Event Id: 1003 on Windows Server 2003 Std.

Hello guys. Since Saturday i get bsods on my server and then it restarts. This happens all the time. On Sturday i installed a PCI Modem and the problem appeared. I uninstalled the drivers, removed the hardware, but the problem remains. Let me point out here that SP1 was already installed on that server. Exactly the same problem appeared on another server that one of my clients has. We are talking about different PCs and different brands of modem. The only thing in common is SP1.
    Do you think that if i install SP1 again things will be better?

Any suggestions are welcome.

HELP!!!

Hi agalenia,

Welcome to Windrivers.

My approach to this would be to figure out what the BSOD is first. Since the server is automatically restarting after the BSOD, I would need to turn that feature off temporarily;

Control Panel, System, Advanced Tab, Start Up and Recovery, Settings button, and then uncheck the box for Automatically Restart under System Failure.

Remember though, the server will sit at the BSOD screen until you manually restart it. And when you have the server fixed, go back in and check off that box again.

When you know what the BSOD is, post back here with the details.

Snow
    Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbound67
    Hi agalenia,

Welcome to Windrivers.

My approach to this would be to figure out what the BSOD is first. Since the server is automatically restarting after the BSOD, I would need to turn that feature off temporarily;

Control Panel, System, Advanced Tab, Start Up and Recovery, Settings button, and then uncheck the box for Automatically Restart under System Failure.

Remember though, the server will sit at the BSOD screen until you manually restart it. And when you have the server fixed, go back in and check off that box again.

When you know what the BSOD is, post back here with the details.

Snow

Seems there's a utility that you can use to review the .dmp files that come out of a BSOD. I've used it on non-BSOD's (user.dmp) with a little success. I know what's causing it, though, I don't know how to fix it - lol.

2000 Terminal Services + Outlook 2000 and some hotfix I installed, is probably what did it. Oh well, 2003 is just a footstep away now