PLEASE Someone HELP with DVD Burner

Thread: PLEASE Someone HELP with DVD Burner

Threaded View

PLEASE Someone HELP with DVD Burner

Hello Ok I have 2 DVD Burners one is a lite on 16x+R/+RW DOUBLE LAYER witch i did not know was a Double Layer till tonight and iv had it for about 4 months.The other Burner is a MAGICSPIN RW if there is a drive like that dont know for sure do'snt have the name on it.But any ways i had the Nagicspin first and about 6 months after i had it it stoped reading DVDs and i couldnt get it to read Blank DVDs so got the light on well Installed the light on and Hold and behold they BOTH worked, well i had to reinstall windows XP home and thats when they started to not read Blank DVDs. so i unhooked the Magicsoin and the light on started reading them again. well i now have WINDOWS XP MEDIA 2005 an AMD 2600xp p and 1 GB of MEM and iv tryed for a week now to get eather one to Read Blank DVDs.NOW heres the thing if i have both hooked up the lite on wont read the DVDs i have aready put files on before all this but the magicspin will BUT STLL eather one of them will read a Blank DVD iv used ever Burner Program out and still cant Read them iv Tried -R +R RW so one and still cant!!!!!! When i had Nero 6 installed it said the Drives could read DVD+R DVD -R DVDRW Now They Both can read Blank CDs any kind Plus iv Downloaded and installed the ASPI thing called adaptec ASPI and it says all the ASPI are installed and working i Dont get it can someone HELP me before i go Crazy iv wasted so much money on Blank DVDs i could of got a New computer by now Thanks if anyone can help me out

Update i just rebooted and now the Lite On will read a Blank DVD-R But wont Read a Blank DVD+Rand i have the Box Right in from of me and it say Lite on 16 x DVD+R/+RW Drive on the back it says DVD+R WRITING DVD=R DOUBLE LAYER WRITING DVD=RW REWRIGHTING CD-R WRIGHTING CD-RW REWRIGHTING AND CD-ROM READING ???????SO WHY IS IT NOT READING THE BLANK DVD+R BUT WILL READ THE -R AND THE OTHER DRIVE STILL WONT READ EATHER KIND
    Last edited by djruss; June 3rd, 2005 at 03:13 AM.