dvd rom and rw gone

Thread: dvd rom and rw gone

Angry dvd rom and rw gone

my dvd rom and writer had worked properly about 3 or 4 days ago, but today when i loaded my cd no autoplay came up. when i looked in My Computer (for XP) where was no cd drives whats so ever, just my floppy drive. when i looked in the Add Hardware, it says the driver is missing or corrupted, i dunno what to do?
    Wishlist: Intel Core2

I'd say your most likely fix is This (which shows you how to remove upper & lower filter values from the registry) noting this bit too :-
    .. if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software... This is a known issue that can occur when you remove Easy CD Creator .. There may be other third-party CD-writing software products that exhibit similar behavior...all of the troubleshooting steps in this article might apply if such a product also adds entries under the UpperFilters or LowerFilters value in the registry..

I have uninstalled Power DVD player and my DVD and CD-ROM disappeared after that.
    I did what it is in the link but it does not help and I also tried some drive fix utility that I find in the internet but it does not help either.
    When I start up my pc I get a message saying
    drive 0 not found
    drive 1 not found
    I trid to do add new hardware but in vain.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by onlyicecream
    ..When I start up my pc I get a message saying
    drive 0 not found
    drive 1 not found..
    Is that before windows starts ? Sounds like a cable has come loose maybe ?

Thanks for your answer confus-ed. The cabel has been losen, I do not know why although I did not open the case for long time. But anyway the problem is solved , thanks alot

If all of your hardware is connected correctly been usually assist them restore fixure. Pick the date couple weeks back when all was well and go back to those settings.
    Novice of 2 years Sys#1=xp sp2-Bl. Dragon Case clear panel exposing syntax 266 with amd athlon xp2000+/cop.fin cooler/bl.uv funnel and 80mm fan-nvidia 64mb agp-bl.uv round cables and 3 led case fans-450 psu-dvd rom-cd/rw-floppy-mic-clear lit opti mice-17"crt-lex p3150---Sys#2=xp sp2 H-P pav case-DFI 370 board/cel.1.2cpu-17"crt-opti mice-lex z25-snd/vid o`bd---Sys#3=xp pro sp2-blk/slvr case-Abit KD7-E/athlon 950 o/c`microfin copper cooler(xp 3400+)-nvidia gforce 32 agp-5ch sound(not done)

System restore for xp
    Novice of 2 years Sys#1=xp sp2-Bl. Dragon Case clear panel exposing syntax 266 with amd athlon xp2000+/cop.fin cooler/bl.uv funnel and 80mm fan-nvidia 64mb agp-bl.uv round cables and 3 led case fans-450 psu-dvd rom-cd/rw-floppy-mic-clear lit opti mice-17"crt-lex p3150---Sys#2=xp sp2 H-P pav case-DFI 370 board/cel.1.2cpu-17"crt-opti mice-lex z25-snd/vid o`bd---Sys#3=xp pro sp2-blk/slvr case-Abit KD7-E/athlon 950 o/c`microfin copper cooler(xp 3400+)-nvidia gforce 32 agp-5ch sound(not done)

Quote Originally Posted by onlyicecream
    Thanks for your answer confus-ed. The cabel has been losen, I do not know why although I did not open the case for long time. But anyway the problem is solved , thanks alot
    .. You're welcome dude Cables quite often work loose due to thermal contraction (different materials even say different plastics when heated expand & contract at different rates {like a bi-metallic strip} & you get slipage & loosening, happens quite a bit), I just happened to be wise to the error message you quoted thus making this an easy fix