[RESOLVED] Problems With an Hp Deskjet 697c

Thread: [RESOLVED] Problems With an Hp Deskjet 697c

jdptech

Resolved [RESOLVED] Problems With an Hp Deskjet 697c

I have an HP Deskjet 697c that wont print i have all the right drivers and it is connected properly when i try to print to the printer it feeds one sheet and looks like it wants to start but then it just hangs with that one sheet of paper i have tried to disable the two way comm but nothing still happens can anyone help?

Exclamation

You didn't mention which version of WinDoze you're using...just for grins, go here for latest drivers for your DeskJet.

Are you getting an error message back on the computer? Such as Paper Jam, timeout, etc.???

You might also check out HP's website for troubleshooting hp deskjet 697c printers.

Lots of good info there...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

jdptech

i tried it on win 98 and win 2k but still same prob it says that it cant communicate with the printer but it is connected right

Check your MB BIOS and make sure the printer port is set for bi-directional. HP's printers and drivers are real sticklers on this issue. The driver will report a failure if it can not recieve a response from the printer.

try printing a test page from the printer itself to see if the condition occurs. If it does, then its obviously a problem with the printer itself. If not, then the system is the culprit.

To print a test page from the printer, turn it on, dis connect the parallel cable (not necessary but might as well) and then hold down the resume button on the printer for about 3-4 seconds. it should then try to spit out a test page.

Has the printer ever worked?

you'll know that you got the test print function to work when the ready light starts blinking.

PS MY HP DJ won't always feed correctly, I have to 'spoon' feed it. it could be clogged rollers, bad paper... I don't print enough fo it to be a big issue.

jdptech

Well i have tried al ur ideas and al have failed the problem lies with the printer i think. It wont even print out a test page thanks for the help if any more ideas come up please let me know

I've noticed that sometimes HP DeskJets will complain if one of the cartridges ends up with some sort of electrical problem. Changing out the cartridges with new ones often solves the problem. Have you tried that yet? How old are the cartridges?

Mark

Mustang

Also certain HP's are touchy about printer cables.
    Have you tried a different cable or moving the cabe around at the printer end while you try and print.
    if it prints after that its definitely a connection problem between cable and printer