Things that piss me off about corporate IT

Thread: Things that piss me off about corporate IT

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Things that piss me off about corporate IT

This is just a rant of things that piss me off about corporate IT, please list only CORP IT issues.

1. Fecking CAL, why cant they make it simple

2. People before you that had lousy licensing documentation. It should be law that the software companies give you ways to look up licenses. I know some do this but ALL should be required.

3. License agreements that read like quantum mechanics exams

4. Things needing to be done yesterday with no budget and no help on jobs that take large amounts of time.

5.Calls at 3am

6. IT being the most important position when something doesnt work right and pissed on the rest of the time.

7. People acting like you are lazy because you dont ALWAYS have something to do. I have to remind them, when things work, ive done my job well.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Users
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    Users
    Care to elaborate? The users that piss me off the worst are the ones that send me an email asking me to do something and feel it necessary to copy everyone in the entire world.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    Care to elaborate? The users that piss me off the worst are the ones that send me an email asking me to do something and feel it necessary to copy everyone in the entire world.
    ooooooo.... that dang wabit!

I hate those people, because my boss is always why haven' t you dealt with this, why did they have to tell me to get you to do it. my answer is always this is the first i've heard of it!
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

The suits will never get it figured out. The best thing to do when the stuff gets too deep is call in sick, open a brewski and watch "Office Space" ... aaagain!
    ya'aa'tey

XP Pro SP2 - Intel D925XCV MB - P4 2.8 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, HTT, socket 775 - WD 36GB SATA HD - WD 250GB USB2 External HD - 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-4200 - Sony DRU-710A DVD±R/RW - Plextor CD-R Premium - XFX GeForce 7900 GT / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV - Samsung 19" LCD - Antec Performance Plus SOHO server case with 430W PSU

Middle or upper management wanting you to prioritize their crashed email ahead of a mainframe project. *Your network scheduled backup of extremely sensitive data failed...and the VP wants you in his office "right now" to get Media Player running on his workstation....*

After years of education, working your way up the ladder, gathering experience and knowhow...they think your job is "easy" because you make it look that way...

And the inverse of that...you do something that any stupid user would know how to do, and they think it's some kind of miracle! "OOOOOooooo...how were you able to resize that .jpg file? You're such a great geek!"
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    Users

A cannibal goes to the human meat market to buy a brain for his lunch (as one would). He sees a little poster that boasts about the quality of IT professional brains that are currently on sale.

He asks the sales assistant: "How much does the programmer's brain cost?"

"Three dollars per kilo" replies the salesman.

"How much for an analyst's brain then?"

"Three dollars and fifty cents per kilo"

"What about the user's brain?"

"One hundred and fifty dollars per kilo."

"What? How can it cost that much?" he asks, astonished.

The salesman replies "Do you have any idea how many users I have to kill to get one kilo of brain?"

This just goes to show how dead this board has become. A paltry 6 replies, this making 7 on a good ole' stupid fecking users rant

Unfortunate... but the main reason I'm here is because I can't get into the chat from work.
    "I aspire sir, to be better than I am." -- Data, Star Trek: Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh
    The suits will never get it figured out. The best thing to do when the stuff gets too deep is call in sick, open a brewski and watch "Office Space" ... aaagain!
    Give back my stapler!!!!

I'm glad I don't work in corp.!!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman2
    Give back my stapler!!!!

I'm glad I don't work in corp.!!
    ya'aa'tey

XP Pro SP2 - Intel D925XCV MB - P4 2.8 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, HTT, socket 775 - WD 36GB SATA HD - WD 250GB USB2 External HD - 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-4200 - Sony DRU-710A DVD±R/RW - Plextor CD-R Premium - XFX GeForce 7900 GT / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV - Samsung 19" LCD - Antec Performance Plus SOHO server case with 430W PSU