Sony 16x + Pioneer DVR-109 RW disappeared in windows!

Thread: Sony 16x + Pioneer DVR-109 RW disappeared in windows!

Sony 16x + Pioneer DVR-109 RW disappeared in windows!

So I go on field work in the mountains of montana without any connection to the outside world for 20 days and I come back to two room mates with different stories.

Long story short, there was a lightning storm where a bolt hit the house (we're in the country, the bolt hit the rod on the house) and the computer would no longer POST. So they took it to a repair person and they took out a redundant PCI card due to a damaged bridge. In any event, the computer seemed to work fine until..

The DVD ROM & RW are no longer detected by windows. Power is getting to the devices though, as I can open/close the trays. In BIOS, only the RW is detected in the third slave (is this normal?). I tried to use this: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs but it didn't work.

I have a Sony 16x dvd and Pioneer DVR-109 DVD RW/W. I don't have any software for it. Is this a software/driver issue or can anyone point me in an appropriate direction? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Well, after asking around on several sites and never receiving a reply, I am just going to take it into a repair shop.. again. Thanks for reading and good luck with any computer problems anyone else is having.

It was a problem with the channels not being set correctly.

Hopefully if anyone else has a similar problem but gets no replies, they can see this solution and research it further.

Quote Originally Posted by finniksa
    Hopefully if anyone else has a similar problem but gets no replies, they can see this solution and research it further.
    Wecome to WD forums finniksa, even if I have managed to turn up after you've solved your own problem ! (something would appear to be 'screwey' with the new thread notification feature, but hopefully its only a temporary glitch, so apologies for not even looking at this until now).

I'm glad to see though that you've posted solution to your issue too & I can heartily agree with the sentiment above, as that's a part of what the site is about, helping folks help themselves

Thanks for making/working with this site, it really is helpful.