Monitor broke..

Thread: Monitor broke..

Monitor broke..

Hello,

I have a quite strang problem.

I have a 6 months old VX715 ViewSonic Monitor. Today I got a new graphics card (HiS Radeon 9800Pro IceQ). When I plugged in my screen to it it said "No Data" when I turned my PC on, not before, so it kinda detected that I turned it on. It worked fine however on the VGA port. I thought my card's DVI was broken and changed to my old card (Radeon 9600Pro) however, the screen made the same comment "No Data"! I switched back to the Radeon 9800Pro and inserted an digital -> analog converter and connected my old HP CRT screen and it worked fine on the DVI port with the converter!

Should I return my screen for a warranty repair or is it something I have missed in the settings?`

Thanks!

Did you enable the DVI port? In the ATI contol panel you have to turn it on and set it to primary for it to work as monitor #1. Otherwise there would be no data.

~Chris

Hello!

The port works on another display and my display doesnt work on my other computer either I called ViewSonic and they are replacing the screen with a newer model (VG712). It appears I have 48h on-site-replacement guarantee, so their staff is comming tomorrow to get my screen and deliver the new one . Is VG better than VX? The support guy said it was, and Im getting VG because they are out of VXes..

Thanks for your reply

Ok next try checking the "use reduced frequency on DVI" in the ATI control panel and see how that works. It is on the options tab on my driver.

~Chris

oh nm lo grats on the replacment.

Quote Originally Posted by imagoon
    oh nm lo grats on the replacment.
    hehe thanks, I will try what you said if the new one doesnt work :P

But it should still how something when I start up shouldnt it? =/

well the new monitor works with DVI.. but it has a green dead pixel in the center of it and a black one a bit from the center :| My last screen had a blue and a red one. I thought ViewSonic were supposed to make "high quality" screens?! Anyway, black applies to their zero dead pixel policy I think, so hopefully Ill get a working screen. GAH!

ok ViewSonic are replacing the new monitor as it is classified unusable by their policy... The tech guy said they've never had to replace a screen two times on the same week..