Why do so many prefer Nero over EZ CD/DVD? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why do so many prefer Nero over EZ CD/DVD?

Click, with all due respect; you set your mind on not liking something and then pull people apart for responding to your questions. You've done it before and you'll do it again no doubt.

Why bother? Use EasyCD then.

emr

Quote Originally Posted by ClickHere2Surf.com
    I have been using Easy CD/DVD since my first 2x CD writer about a decade ago because it came with it and I never had a problem, but on here I often see people say Easy CD/DVD is bad and nero is better.
    I used CD Creator for many years up until version 6. No version of Nero had ever crashed my system. I've seen CD Creator hose many computers and I have yet to see Nero hose any... That alone is enough for me to stay away from CD Creator.

InTheWayBoy:
    CDs/DVDs ruined by Nero: 8 of 8 (100% failure)
    CDs/DVDs ruined by Easy CD Creator: 0 of several thousand (0% failure)

About "Results 1 - 10 of about 86,600 for easy cd creator sucks.", that's not at all a fair test, since a page saying "Nero sucks, I use Easy CD creator" will come up in those results.

Here's the fair test:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 94 for "easy cd creator sucks"
    Results 1 - 10 of about 871 for "nero sucks"

Anyway, since my Easy CD creator CD is scratched I'll have to work around the filename bug in Nero. Renaming the original file instead of renaming it in Nero will most likely work.
    you want "Fair test"??

try this.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...u=easy+creator results:75
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/...=nero&srch=sup results:14

as you can see, Easy CD creator has many more windows compatibility issues then nero could ever hope to have ( aprox 5 times more)

Easy CD creator *USED* to be a good application, but it went to pot when adaptec stoped producing it and roxio took over, it's gone down hill ever since.

I've used nero for many years now, the only bad burns i've had are when i use crappy media. I now have a nice pioneer DVD burner, Bad burn? what's that? I've not had one since i got the new burner.

IMHO CD Creator is for newbs who want point and click with no thought needed. Nero is for the pros who know what's what.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

we like nero because it is the best specially with winxp when xp came out easycd had to put out all kind of patches so peeps could use their proggy,hurrah nero

That's right...there was one patch that if you didn't installed before you rebooted you would blue-screen and have to reformat...what a pain.

Wink

InTheWayBoy:

About "Results 1 - 10 of about 86,600 for easy cd creator sucks.", that's not at all a fair test, since a page saying "Nero sucks, I use Easy CD creator" will come up in those results.

Here's the fair test:

Anyway, since my Easy CD creator CD is scratched I'll have to work around the filename bug in Nero. Renaming the original file instead of renaming it in Nero will most likely work.
    Sounds like Pbkac errors to me

As it was said, it's all personal preference. I have customers that insist on using EZCD because they're used to it. I've had all sort of issues with EZCD on many systems in here, but come to think of it, I've never had a problem with Nero VS Windows. Basically the way I see it... consider Burning to OS. EZCD is like Windows, everything most people need is there. It's a huge program and messes things up here and there. While Nero is the Linux of the genre, smaller (argueably more powerful) and more customizable. But it still comes with a candy coated, easy to use front end loader called Nero SmartStart which might be what you need try Click. :P Now only having to use it once myself, the only thing I can think of that EZCD has that I've never really looked for (and haven't seen) in Nero is the Damaged CD recovery area. Is there one of these in Nero?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    InTheWayBoy:

Here's the fair test:

How bout a better test

Results 1 - 10 of about 21,000 for roxio sucks. (0.80 seconds
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Update:

CDs ruined by Nero: 70+
    CDs ruined by Easy CD: 0

I'm never touching nero again.

Easy CD might be bloated, but at least it works and its miles more reliable than Nero.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    How bout a better test

Results 1 - 10 of about 21,000 for roxio sucks. (0.80 seconds
    Again, learn to use google, that search would find a page containing "Nero sucks! Use the roxio software!"

The correct one would be:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 353 for "roxio sucks".

*Edited...Merged Posts
    Last edited by Mayet; July 18th, 2005 at 10:52 PM.

Update:

CDs ruined by Nero: 70+
    CDs ruined by Easy CD: 0

I'm never touching nero again.
    Good.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Every thread you start, you ask for opinions, experiences, etc. and then you try and shred everyone's posts. If you don't like Nero, un-install it, reach down into those deep pockets of yours, and buy another copy of Easy CD. You've wasted so much of your time on it, spend the money and move on.

Honestly, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but I'm not the first to bring this up. If you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions.

And you have the nerve to insult another user on how to use Google.

And let's go for the trifecta. You posted this in tech to tech. You are obviously not a tech. Here is the definition of the tech to tech forum:

You're a tech and you need an answer quick, post here for quick help from other techs around the globe.
    Last edited by MobilePCPhysician; July 18th, 2005 at 11:00 PM.
    Sergeant WOTPP

If thats the high precentage of bad failures then something is wrong.

Have you got other burning software on like the roxio or adaptec suites? What other burning softwares on the system. Because to be quite frank, Nero doesn't fail like that and theres something wrong with your setup in some way.

Honestly nero works as everyone is telling you, the only time when it doesn't work is wrong setup, conflicting software, conflicting hardware or the user doesn't know how to use the program correctly.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Actually here at Atodini Towers we're not too keen on either Roxio or Nero these days, far too many compatibility issues with the current versions of both - updates galore!!

Also both are bloated with all sorts of things we don't really want or need.

We've been using Deepburner for a while now, first off the free trial, then updated to the Pro version. It's fairly basic but simple to use, (as both Roxio & Nero used to be, before the bloatware took over).

The free version might be worth a try for you clickhere....

http://www.deepburner.com/

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"