Introduce Yourself - Page 4
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Howdy

I thought I should introduce myself since I have done a couple posts on here and I am a forum junkie.

My name is Sabrina, I am currently a tech for a small software company, I train and support people on our software, but I also got the whole small business network/server dumped on me since I am the only one who has a any understanding of how they work(I work with programmers that can barely retrieve their emails ) so I spend a lot of time on the internet teaching myself different things to do with the server, although I had schooling and a work experience, I never had to manage a whole network by myself. But I am managing.. I even have time to teach myself Flash and 3d modeling(my lastest ventures).

Non-techie wise.. I am a horse person... ok a horse junkie/addict... infact I am so bad about forums and horses I got made a moderator on a busy horse forum. But I will stop typing now otherwise I will go on for ages.

Howdy Sabrina, and welcome to WinDrivers.

I also love horseback riding. I probably go 4 times a year or more. Where I live is all flatland. I prefer horseback riding through the mountains but it's still a lot of fun.

So what are you doing now?

i work for a registered charitable organisation called shaw trust (www.shaw-trust.org.uk) as a personal advisor helping people who have a substance misuse history back to work or training.

its pretty rewarding and i seem to be reasonably successful, achieving quite a few outcomes (the job is very stats orientated).
    Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

Welcome to the forums Sabrina

You seem to keep yourself quite busy learning so many new things

Welcome aboard Sabrina.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I expect that would be challenging, but very rewarding when you meet with success.

imagine getting yourself a job and how difficult that can be; add to it, its for someone else and they may have health issues plus criminal record, plus self-esteem/confidence problems.... its not easy but very rewarding.

miles better than fixing computers....!
    Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

Smile TimeGoblin

Flutter Flutter Flutter... Timegoblin here, if you wanna know the time, buy yerself a watch!

Sorry, its an old one I know. I am the Timegoblin, kinda amateur pc mr fixit. ive got the following pc's running in my household, all built by yours truly.

My machine- Asus mobo, AMD 3000 64 socket 754 cpu, 1bg Kingston DDR Ram, Promise ATA card, 5 different hard drives (4 in removable caddies) 40gb Master with windows 2k and software installed, then a 45, an 80 a 120 and another 40gb hard drives with mainly music on. currently running a Matrox Millenium 8mb graphix card soon to put a nice new X700 in there, Fortissimo 3 7.1 soundcard, Gigabyte DVD/CDRW in a server full size case that looks more like a peice of furniture.

Missus machine (temporary until I build her a shuttle) Asrock mobo, AMD 2000xp socket A cpu, 512mb Kingston DDR ram, Leadtech 128mb 5900xt graphix, 40 gb master drive with windows 2k and software installed, 80 gb slave in removable caddy with music and coursework on, Lite-on DVD/cdrw
    onboard AC97 sound ina cheap and nasty black case.

The Boys machine K7S5A mobo, AMD 1900xp socket A cpu, 512mb Kingston DDR ram, ATi 128mb 9500 graphix card, 60gb drive with windows 2k and all other software (mainly games and very suspect movies) Samsung DVD/CDRW and Samsung CD rom, on board AC97 sound all in a far- too- expensive thermatake case.

The younger girls machine Asrock Mobo, AMD 950 Athlon socket A cpu, 512mb Kingston DDR ram, MX440se 64mb graphix, ESS soundcard, 15gb hard drive with windows 2k and lots of girly software installed, very nice but somewhat girly clear sided and topped case with lots of pretty lights from superflower.

Elder girls machine Asus mobo, AMD 850 Athlon socket A cpu, 256mb SDRAM, MX440 64mb graphix, 40gb hard drive with windows 2k and lots of grown up girly software installed, Creative labs soundblaster live! sound, LG CDRW. Lite-on cdrom, cheap and nasty beige box of a tower.

Entertainment unit (for the bedroom) unknown mobo, AMD 700 athlon Slot A cpu, 256mb SDRAM, Number nine s3 savage 4 graphix, DVD rom, creative labs soundblaster live! sound, 10gb master drive, 40gb slave drive in removable caddy full of films and music. nice little inobtrusive mini beige tower.

P1 toy intel mobo, P1 233 MMX cpu, 128mb 72pin ram, TNT riva 16mb pci graphix, 10gb hard drive with all kinds of windows and software on, CDROM, desktop case WITH TURBO BUTTON!

k6-2 pc (no idea what im doing with this!) k6-2 550 cpu, 128mb SDRAM, Lite-on CDRW, TNT riva 32mb graphix, unknown brand soundcard, 13gb hard drive with the usual windows and stuff on it, nice silver case (was my first ever pc case *sniff sniff*)

I really really need to get rid of some of my old pc stuff, lol, my parts box looks like a landfil site

Anyway, i really enjoy messing around with old pc's and bits. I prefer an older pc to a newer one. there was so much more choice with makes and models of graphix cards and the like, unlike now. and you can buy bthe old stuff for pence and upgrade it to a degree that would have, had you done it when the stuff was new, cost you hundreds and hundreds of pounds.

all good fun.

maybe I should get out more...

Well, I've already said "welcome" elsewhere, but anyway good to have you along, and your collection of well-loved computer gear...

Cheers. oh, forgot to mention, all bar the P1 and K6-2 are online on broadband.
    what fun.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    welcome aboard

Talking Potato Salad

Hi all its me the mighty Potato salad. Minor techy i know how to build it but youve got me when it comes to programming :P I play lots of MM's and Online shooters, BF2,Counterstrike source etc. Built a custom PC 1 year ago 3.o6ghz intel LGA775 2gig corsair xmsseries pc3200. 6800GT pci express, 250G slave, and 1 10krpm 34G raptor. PEACE.
    Last edited by Potato Salad; October 16th, 2005 at 03:58 PM.

You been busy Potatoe - Welcome to the Forums.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

So, Potato Salad, are you a fan of Ron White's comedy?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.