[RESOLVED] Print driver that prints to a text file

Thread: [RESOLVED] Print driver that prints to a text file

pricepd

Resolved [RESOLVED] Print driver that prints to a text file

Is there a win98 print driver that will print to a text file instead of printing to a printer. My problem is that I have a proprietary program that will not allow me to export my database data. I thought if there was a printer driver that would output to a text file i could get around the problem by selecting the "text" printdriver.

When you go to printg your data, there are several ways to get to your printers properties page. Either selecting "File","Print" from the tool bar, or waiting for the printers dialog box to appear. You can also go to Start, Settings, Printers, and select your printer.

Once the printers properties page is displayed, select the "Details" tab. The port setting can be switched to "File".

This will dump your print info to a text file as your loking to do. If you are still having a problem reply again and we'll see what else can be done.

What to do:

Install the "Generic / Text only" driver from the generic section in add printers.

Next open the properties for that printer, go to the details tab and change Print to the following port: to file.

this should work for most windows programs that use the windows driver; DOS may get a bit tricky though...

you may need to share the printer and then capture it for dos programs however.
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.