CD Drive not detecting Blank CD's - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CD Drive not detecting Blank CD's

right, well i just got and installed my new DVD-RAM (LG hl-dt-st DVDRAM GSA-4163B) tried using Windows own wizard, and it still asks you to insert a Writable CD... then tried a DVD with Nero and it worked fine. So, as long as i keep using Nero it should be fine... i'll let you know if theres any probs with this Drive.

Thanks very much for all the help, i may not have fixed the old drive - but i learned a lot, and know some stuff i could try for myself instead of asking. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Bigtoe
    ..Thanks very much for all the help, i may not have fixed the old drive - but i learned a lot, and know some stuff i could try for myself instead of asking. Thanks guys.
    ..Instead of asking ? .. isn't that a way to learn ? .. I'm sure that's what this site is about, besides getting stuff fixed

SORRY..I know...Im a lil late in this forum but I just joined here....The thing is that..I had this problem too...I have the same drive...But...I was able to figure out on my own...well..just for heads up...If the drive is not burning/ detecting empty cds then all u gotta do is go to my computer and right click on your drive and goto properties...then under recording tab...enable the checkbox saying "enable cd-burning on this drive" and select ur master HDD...TADA...u r done...This will work 100% ..Guaranteed..Chao

Thanks for the tip slicker and welcome to Windrivers
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Post CD drive not detecting blank CDs: another failure mode and solution

I had this same issue and couldn't fix it with any of the above interventions; finally tried changing the HDD designated for temp files, in the CDROM drive properties window (as mentioned above, one can turn off/on CD writing by right-clicking on the drive letter in explorer).

I'm not sure why this caused the observed failure; could be that my C: drive is too full.

Hope this helps someone.

-DD

Welcome to Windrivers dillinger

You are probably right, if there is less than 15% space left on a drive, then it begins to start slowing down and acting up.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."