inf files

Thread: inf files

inf files

hi there this is my first post just found this site today. i am new at computer stuff so this question might sound simple or stupid but you must crawl before you walk. i don't know if i am in the right section so here it is. i have a sony ericcson 2500 cell phone. i bought a data cable from e bay, the data cable came with 2 discs and some instructions. the instructions say first install the usb drivers which can be found under drivers and scripts [if you are using win 98, me, 2000, or xp operating system installation can be achieved by going into relavant folder right clicking the*.inf files and choosing the install button]. well i got to the part of right clicking the files but there is no install anywhere. so do i need to install anything into my computer that will make these files install or am i doing something wrong any help will be great am a using a compaq with windows xp

When you are logged onto Windows XP with administrator rights, and you right-click an INF file, a menu should pop up. At the top should be 3 choices, Open, Install, Print. Choose Install.
    If you don't see it, you probably aren't logged on with administrator privileges.