Dell inspiron 8000 power snafu.

Thread: Dell inspiron 8000 power snafu.

Dell inspiron 8000 power snafu.

Hello all, Found you all via google search. I have a dell inspiron 8000 that won't power on. I saw a previous thread that talked about removing battery and components. I have tried all this and all I get is the power light comes on, followed by the hdd light and the battery light. they are only on for a few seconds then nothing. I tried a friends adapter and same thing. Something that I find odd is that the adapter does not get warm when I have it plugged in. Is this a symptom of my problem? I saw that it might be the power board (AKA charging board) is this the same as the power socket? Is the powerboard the motherboard? Last question can the power socket be replaced or is it part of the motherboard?

Thanks in advance

Kurt
    Last edited by Cokelvr; July 7th, 2005 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Probably Main board

I have worked on many dell C series latitude laptops that have had this symptom and it always was a faulty main board causing the problem. The inspiron 8000 is pretty much the same as the latitude C800 and the mainboard is in fact all one piece. No separate board containing the power connector. I looked it up on My Dell Certified tech website.

Is the battery fully charged? If not charge it and see if it can get power from that. (of course you will have to get a charger or charge it in a dell laptop that can accept that battery). If the battery is charged and it still does not power on, then it is most definately a componant on the main board.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Those three lights are telling you that the machine needs it's processor reseated, or replaced. Straight from dell associate documentation. However, in the real world - if after you perform these actions, it's almost always the mainboard then. The video card and power board could be the culprit as well.
    Disc Golf Rules! www.pdga.com