me again... VIA VT82C686A drivers and XP Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: me again... VIA VT82C686A drivers and XP Pro

I've read about those drivers in other forums, and some (sorry, no links) were able to get into Safe Mode and some were able to do the F8/boot to the last known configuration. The thing to do is get rid of those drivers, run checkdisk and then install the Hyperion drivers. Upgrades, according to VIA, to the Bus Master IDE are supposed to be included with the Windows XP service packs. You may indeed end up having to reformat or at least do a repair install.

*shrugs

the only way i have fixed this in the past is by using the XP disk to reinstall that driver after installing the Via 4 in 1's and still getting the yellow tab next to bus mastering.

XP Home will not do it I do not think, It will most likely come up and tell you version conflict. You could try...
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

I don't know if this helps now but I think the VIA drivers won't work on hybrid AMD751/VIA chipset motherboards, The AMD chipset drivers have to be used which will have the proper VIA controller and Super I/O drivers.
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov

Thanks Silverman...I'll give it a try ASAP and let you know whats going on with it
    My specs: 900 MHz AMD T-Bird, Asus K7M Mobo., 256 MB RAM (two 128 MB Kingston SD PC-100), GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (drivers were impossible to find...still crashes because of them every now and then...i think its them...), Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, new high-speed USB 2.0 card, dual 60 GB HDD's for the heck of it (NTFS), XP Pro SP 2, Mozilla Firefox (Spread Firefox!), single-barrel carberator, Saitek P2500 Rumbleforce, (Yes, the system is dated, but it fits my budget!) - Sockhatguy

http://usa.asus.com/download/mbdriver/mb-utility.htm

The 4in1 drivers are the same for all VIA chipsets and for all Microsoft Operating systems - Win 95, 98, 98SE, NT, Win ME, 2000 & XP. If you have a hybrid chipset (ie. VIA southbridge and AMD northbridge), please contact your motherboard manufacturer for the correct drivers.

drivers above as given previously

http://www.dbsnet.co.za/k7m/default.htm#drivers
    alternate drivers for that mobo
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

I now believe that my BSOD's were caused by my Saitek P2500 gamepad being connected at all times (USB). disconnected it and have had a stable system since! still trying to find the drivers for the via chip, though. every time I attempt an install, I get a message that says that it can't find any via hardware...GRRR! I need to game to release some tension, but cames on my compy frustrate me even more!

still looking for the via drivers
    My specs: 900 MHz AMD T-Bird, Asus K7M Mobo., 256 MB RAM (two 128 MB Kingston SD PC-100), GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (drivers were impossible to find...still crashes because of them every now and then...i think its them...), Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, new high-speed USB 2.0 card, dual 60 GB HDD's for the heck of it (NTFS), XP Pro SP 2, Mozilla Firefox (Spread Firefox!), single-barrel carberator, Saitek P2500 Rumbleforce, (Yes, the system is dated, but it fits my budget!) - Sockhatguy

Hi Sockhat, try this - goto rarsoft.com download a demo of WinRar. Install it and then extract the VIA4in1 drivers to a directory - such as temp. REstart the computer and point the looking for drivers bit to that directory with a recursive search. Hopefully everythig will be picked up and work.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Garak, thanks for the advice, but once again no such luck. any more suggestions? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sockhatguy
    I get a message that says that it can't find any via hardware...GRRR! I need to game to release some tension, but cames on my compy frustrate me even more!

still looking for the via drivers
    According to the Asustek website the K7M board has an AMD 751 chipset so there won't be any via hardware.........

Driver page here:

http://usa.asus.com/download/mbdriver/mb-utility.htm

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"