start up problems

Thread: start up problems

start up problems

hi well i need a bit of help when i start up my computer i dont get the post nor do i get the beeps not a thing .heres what hapens i start up
    no post so i hit the reset and it starts up with post and no beeps .but it goes to windows xp and is ok works well all day till i have to go though the same thing the next day i have just upgraded my motherboard to A7V400-MX SE with a amd-2400+ sempron processor they work well except the start up and no sound thank for the help if you can frank

So your saying the reset button works but the on button doesn't?

Check the case leads to the motherboard that they are configured correctly and the right power sw is placed in the right spot.

when you say no post can you hear it going through its paces but just no video or does it just sit there dead no power no vid no lights?

Check your video card voltage compatability and the ram if you can hear it starting up..check your hard drive configs and ide cables

make sure bios is set to defaults..

Use your motherboard cd to install the sound drivers. Are you using a add in card for sound or using onboard and what other pci devices do you have.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Besides that, check if the motherboard has two jumpers placed on the "audio front panel connector", and they are in the right place - refer to the manual. They should be placed by manufacturer (by default), assuming you're not using front audio connectors...

If you have connected front audio cable, you don't need them (as they are should be shorted inside the cable) - if the cable has a proper wiring,though... Without those 2 jumpers (or proper front audio cable) you'll not get any sounds from the back audio connector even with properly installed audio drivers...

You'll need to update the BIOS for that motherboard for correct support of Sempron CPUs - I've seen many of these boards by default do not support them properly (came with outdated BIOS)... So, make sure the BIOS is up to date...
    You may have also to re-install Windows XP after changing the motherboard (recommended)...
    Good luck!

re Mayet

no the on button does start everything i can here the frunt pannal light is on the hard drive start up but nothing shows up on the monitor till i hit the reset butten then i get post on the monitor and it starts up to windows thanks frank

?

So you are saying that you can't 'cold boot' (turn on & post & then start bootstrap) .. but you can 'warm boot' (reset) ?

That's almost certainly some bios conflict (btw I just unpacked a load of these & since ASUS decided that 'liveupdate' works good {though I have my reservations} every board from them seems to need a bios update), so check you've got the 'latest & greatest' (as previously mentioned) & if you've got add in cards, try losing them for a bit & see if you can get a clean post ..

Also applying 4-in-1's (hyperion drivers) can sometimes fix this issue - & I just noticed :-
    ..have just upgraded my motherboard ..
    so you probably need a repair install first, & then apply any chipset patches.

btw this is one of 'those talking bioses' .. so it'd definately be handy if we made sure the case speaker is plugged in, as it might actually tell us what's wrong ! (though generally I spend longer figuring out what the 'voices' are saying than it takes to fix )

Quote Originally Posted by joshua210
    no the on button does start everything i can here the frunt pannal light is on the hard drive start up but nothing shows up on the monitor till i hit the reset butten then i get post on the monitor and it starts up to windows thanks frank
    Are you using on-board video or an external videocard?
    Check which one - (AGP or PCI) is set to boot from first - fixing that can help... If you're using an external card - it may be the troublemaker?