Black & white monitor screen

Thread: Black & white monitor screen

Black & white monitor screen

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a monitor display only black & white (actually what I want is grayscale) images like on an older tv? I've hunted around and am unable to find any info on this.
    My video card is an NVidia GeForce FX 5700
    Monitor is LCD. the only 2 color options in settings are 16bit and 32 bit. Thanks for any help
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
    but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting. "Holy sh!t.. what a ride!"

Sorry I can't actually help, but I had to reply anyway. Why do you want to do grayscale? A color monitor is certainly capable of grayscale display, but it is software dependent. If your software outputs images in grey scale, the monitor should display them that way. Sounds like you want the entire display in grey scale, so it might be helpful to know why.

ATI 9600 and up allows you to turn on black and white for all 3D programs. It wont work on your desktop but all openGL and DX will be in black and white....

Good Luck with yours search.

Barring a software solution, you could turn down the color controls completely on the monitor itself.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Sorry I can't actually help, but I had to reply anyway. Why do you want to do grayscale? A color monitor is certainly capable of grayscale display, but it is software dependent. If your software outputs images in grey scale, the monitor should display them that way. Sounds like you want the entire display in grey scale, so it might be helpful to know why.

It's for a customer of mine. Really didn't think to ask him why. He's a bit of a "interesting" character so it may be better not knowing. What I did was use the tv out on the card and plugged that in to a 19 tv with the color turned off. He's happy I'm happy so all is good.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
    but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting. "Holy sh!t.. what a ride!"