PC CAM - Sunplus SPCA533 - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PC CAM - Sunplus SPCA533

Quote Originally Posted by bobfloyd
    Try This:
    http://downloads.sakarhelp.com/89379.zip

Same critter made in Taiwan and sold under a dozen different names.
    Mine is Digital Concepts 3.1 MegaPixal Digital Camera model 89379 or 89379Z.
    But reports Sunplus SPCA533 when plugged in without a driver installed.
    The manual is also available at sakar.com
    Good Luck
    BobFloyd-Does this download include the PhoTags software?

Welcome to Windrivers anhelyez - have you downloaded the file and unzipped it? Usually drivers are only drivers. Software supplied with the original CD is not since the software is licenced.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did download it and unzipped it and it seems as though it installed, because I have the uninstall feature, but I do not see any icons, or new programs listed in my start menu/programs. Also, the computer does NOTHING when I plug it in....initially it said windowsfound new hardware and was building a driver for it, but now it does nothing.

does windows messenger detect it? Does it show up in Device manager?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Why would messenger detect it???
    I am not sure what device manager is...also I am downloading the zipped file to a memorex USB and taking that download to a system with win98SE -

A webcam is used for sending live webcam images.... messenger has the facility to send webcam images to the person you are talking to.

If it's only a standard digital camera, then having installed the 98se drivers, plugged it in, switched it on, a new drive will show up in my computer. You can then explore the pictures and copy them.

Device manager shows you what devices you have installed and allows you to manage them. Start, settings, control panel, double click system. If the camera is plugged in, swtiched on and installed, it will show up in one of the categories.

OH, yes...this is only a digital camera. I will go check out the device manager.

Ok, in my device manager I have 6 items under the USB and under the imaging device I have 'still camera' and 'video camera'-but, I have the Kodak easy cam installed (I'd eventually like to get that put onto this computer but I'm not sure if Vista supports it) and then I have a cheap web cam installed.

Does it show up as a drive in my computer?

There is nothing directly under my computer-but I saved it or installed it to go under my programs, and it is not showing up there either, however when I click the install button, I have the option of un-installing...??

Don't confuse the software for the drivers with the device itself!

The camera storage will show up as a removeable disk (like a flash drive) in my computer. If it doesn't, then the camera storage is not being detected.

I have a similar problem, Windows wants to install the driver, after I've already installed the driver from the disc (as well as the software), but when I tries, it tells me that it's encountered an error, and that 'the system cannot find the file specified"

The camera isn't on My Computer, so it isn't be seen as storage, but it is on Device manager, where it tells me it's working properly, and that te driver is installed. The computer does detect the campera because I get a nice *ping* when I plug it in & take it out, but I can't use it at all, and can't even access it because it isn't on My Computer...

It seems to say tha the driver for 'still camera', on the same device is there, but for the actual video setup, it isn't. It's somewhat confusing. I got this impression from device manager, and also from the software that came with the camcorder, because when I run it, it says there is no video hardware connected, only 1 'still camera'.

I use vista as well, which is always handy for lovely incompatability issues, in case it's something to do with that.

Any help would be muchly appreciated
    Last edited by Zippedidooda; October 31st, 2007 at 08:08 AM.

I believe this is what's happening:

You installed a 'driver' for a new camera.

The new camera isn't supported by installed Windows Plug and Play drivers, so it will need the one you installed.

You connect the camera, and Windows tries to find an appropriate driver and thinks it has BUT it isn't correct.

Try this: select the camera in Device Manager, uninstall the driver, then 'Update' the driver and override Windows to point the installation to the driver you installed, Safely Remove the camera, reboot.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the camera, reboot, connect the camera, once Windows installs the (wrong) driver again, uninstall that driver and the camera then use whatever Vista uses for Add New Hardware and point to the drivers you installed.
    Last edited by CCT; October 31st, 2007 at 08:25 AM.

Welcome to windrivers Zippedidooda

Which exact camera have you got? The one in the thread title or one of the variants?

Have you got quicktime installed?

These use the same drivers but I doubt there is a vista driver.

Thanks for the response

@CCT, this was the first thing I tried, short of just reinstalling. All I get is a message saying that the best driver is already being used, because of this:

If I try to update the driver without the specific driver from the disc, it does the same routine of windows trying to find the a driver, and failing. But it I already have the first installed, it won't run without Windows trying to find another driver and failing.

@NooNoo, yeah my camera is the same one as in the thread title