Area 51 Sucks

Thread: Area 51 Sucks

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Area 51 Sucks

I know, this isnt the gaming forum, but I wanted to warn you all about the stinking turd that is Midway Games "Area 51"

With voice talents from Marilyn Manson and David Duchovney (SP?) you would think they had a big budget and the game would be pretty good right. Well nothing is futher from the truth, it looks like a game from 2-3 years ago, has **** controls, looks like you are having a seizure when you fire your gun and the story is generic as hell. Being a x-files and Manson fan I had to give it a try but after playing this pos for 5 minutes made me want to kick the game developers in the nuts.

Save your money or if you are of the "previewing" persuasion your bandwidth, because this game isnt even worth pirating. Hell, they should be paying me to even play it.

I want a refund........
    Last edited by Radical Dreamer; July 13th, 2005 at 09:02 PM.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Damn

you really let me down then

i've been reading the reviews and was about to get off my scrawny butt to go and buy a copy of it.

They made it sound soooo exciting......Now my butt stays planted
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Oh ignore the crumby story & get running about & killing things !! - I've played this on a ps2 (the pc version is a straight port ?) & it wasn't so bad , infact 'quality wise' I think its as good as I've seen on that platform, but it is very much like many another games of this type...

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Oh ignore the crumby story & get running about & killing things !! - I've played this on a ps2 (the pc version is a straight port ?) & it wasn't so bad , infact 'quality wise' I think its as good as I've seen on that platform, but it is very much like many another games of this type...

The controls are the worst part of it for me. They feel laggy and unresponsive.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    The controls are the worst part of it for me. They feel laggy and unresponsive.
    A crappy port then I'd guess. I've seen that complaint about ports before.

Crumbs though, first up I thought you'd found the actual area 51 and had a look around for us...

Google maps search results

Groom Lake Nevada - AKA Area 51

There has been much controversy over area 51 since google maps came in. People were all excited like going oh oh oh I found area 51 and then others started whinging that they coudn't zoom in and it was a conspiracy by google to keep it all hush hush

I am still disappointed by the game.... and still no one has come out and argued that it was a great game...which is worse......at least someone would defend it if it was ok.......
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

If you want conspiracy theory gaming, Deus Ex (original, not the crappy sequel) is still the baddest game on the block. In my mind, it is tied with Civilization 2 for the title of best game ever.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

I absolutely loved Deus Ex, the array of items and weapons was staggering, the game wasnt repetitive and had a lot to offer, graphics were good for the day as well.