Can't read DVD after burn

Thread: Can't read DVD after burn

Can't read DVD after burn

Has anyone run into this problem? I just installed a DVD+/-RW Liteon SOHW-1673S. Using TDK DVD+R 8x 4.7g DVDs with the packaged Nero 6 DVD software. I am able to write data out to the DVD. It completes and says everything is ok. The problem is that I can't read anything on the DVD. I've inserted the disc onto other drives and it appears blank. I insert it back in the DVD burner and it still appears blank. If I look at the bottom of the DVD I can see that something was actually burned to it but I can't figure out why I can't read it.

If anyone has any idea what's going on I would really appreciate it. At this point I'm just trying to do a simple Data backup. Nothing fancy.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Windrivers toledo05

Are you sure it burned? Sometimes I have seen people have the image recorder in use instead of the burner...

Have you tried burning a cd?

In nero you can view information about a DVD/CD - what does it tell you? Can you see a session?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it burned. I used the Nero software's backup utility. That also burned but looked empty when I tried to just view the contents with Explorer. If I used the Nero Restore it could see the data and read it. I can't seem to burn a plain data DVD without the Backup/Restore.

If I used the Nero Info Tool to look at the DVD I just burned it says that there is "no disc inserted".

I was able to burn a CD using the same Nero software. It works fine so it looks like the burner is ok.

If it appears to be burning & no errors happen when you are, then I'd first try a change of media, but 'no disk inserted' & blank media appearing everywhere, could be either class filters mucked up (which nero being able to read at least backup sessions seems to confirm ) or maybe some firmware issue...

So I note toledo05 has a cdr already which would mean he/she had some software to burn with already - so maybe try the section in my sticky about class filter drivers?; as thats a common fix for these symptoms .