IIS and NICs

Thread: IIS and NICs

IIS and NICs

Is there a way to force IIs to use a particular NIC?

i could just to tcp/ip filtering and allow say only port 80 traffic to the web NIC and all other traffic to the lan NIC, but i was wondering if there was a way to tell IIS to use a particular NIC over another?

thanks
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh

I think this might be what you want technet

Q: We have a small company with an IIS server I have a two NIC's on our Windows 2000 Server. One is the public network that connects IIS to the internet and the other for our private network. When you type http://servername, the name resolves to the public IP address instead of the private IP address. How can we configure the server so that the server name is associated with the private network without using DNS?

A: When you type in http://servername, the first thing that occurs is the checking of the name of the server – if a match is made. If so, then the first interface bound to the Client for Microsoft Networks is used as the IP address for the server. You can control which IP address is used by setting the binding order found in My Network Places | Properties | Advanced | Advanced Settings. In the Connections box, move the Connection representing the internal network to the top of the list. I also strongly recommend that you disable File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks, as well as the Client for Microsoft Networks on the public network card. In addition, it is essential to properly protect your server and internal networks with a firewall such as the Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server .
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yeah thats the one. thanks noonoo.
    "they're funny things, accidents. you never have them untill you're having them" - Winnie The Pooh