Nero: Never again
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nero: Never again

Nero: Never again

I'm guess I'm used to the 100% reliability of Easy CD Creator, I've burned around 50 CDs in Nero only to find they are all corrupted, on top of that, it is often going into an infinate loop making the CD writer work non stop for hours on the same disc until I pull the plug or press reset.

I've nevber had Easy CD freeze my PC/Writer or ruin a single CD.

As you may remember I stated my Easy CD CD is ruined and that's why I'm using Nero, someone mentioned a program that could read my ruined CD, I'll search for the post and get it now.

I'm never touching Nero again.

I have no idea how manu of you seem to have success with it but it is by far the most unstable program I've used.

Could it be just the Sony Edition that came with my writer? It's not my DVD writer itself since it has burn hundreds of CDs at 100% success rate using Easy CD.

I noticed that when I switched to Nero from Easy CD creator and I didn't like it one bit but I've been using nero for a white now and seems stable and does the job i'm glad to say.
    Gigabyte MA-790GP-DS4H
    AMD Phenom II 940
    Akasa AK-922 HSF
    Western Digital Sata II 500 GB
    Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4X2GB
    ASUS ATI 4870 1GB
    Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtrame Gamer
    Compro VideoMate T300
    Jeantech Storm 700W
    Vista Ultimate 64

It's not that I don't like it, it's that it has about a 90% FAILURE rate, I can't trust it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ClickHere2Surf.com
    I'm guess I'm used to the 100% reliability of Easy CD Creator, I've burned around 50 CDs in Nero only to find they are all corrupted, on top of that, it is often going into an infinate loop making the CD writer work non stop for hours on the same disc until I pull the plug or press reset.

I've nevber had Easy CD freeze my PC/Writer or ruin a single CD.

As you may remember I stated my Easy CD CD is ruined and that's why I'm using Nero, someone mentioned a program that could read my ruined CD, I'll search for the post and get it now.

I'm never touching Nero again.

I have no idea how manu of you seem to have success with it but it is by far the most unstable program I've used.

Could it be just the Sony Edition that came with my writer? It's not my DVD writer itself since it has burn hundreds of CDs at 100% success rate using Easy CD.
    Maybe it has something to do with your Nvidia chipset , JK. It sure sounds like you have a lot of problems with things that work fine for everyone else.

Nero has never given me any issues with anything I burn. What are you having problems burning exactly? Have you tried the same on another system because a 90 percent failure rate does not sound very nero like to me. Not once have I had an issues lately myself with nero or with any customers.......
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

I exclusively use Nero and the only coasters I've made are because I screwed something up. Never ever a bad burn.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Maybe to save yourself all the headaches, just buy another copy of Easy Cd??
    Sergeant WOTPP

Hi,
    Before you BUY Easy CD - try DeepBurner - http://www.deepburner.com/

You will not be disappointer - I use the free one becuae I don;t need the pro.
    It is free, fast intuitive - and very reliable.

Good Luck,
    Gabriel
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Kenteth420
    Maybe it has something to do with your Nvidia chipset , JK. It sure sounds like you have a lot of problems with things that work fine for everyone else.
    Never mind 'JK' .. I'd say that's exactly why .. nvidia chipset will be using enhanced nvidia bus mastering drivers, & I think various posts from Clickhere moaning about that have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that for whatever reason his machine 'isn't well' - so judging any software's performance in these circumstances doesn't seem 'reasonable' to me.

I have had no coasters using Nero, bad media has shows its worth, but as a package for burning, its 100% on target.

No problems with Nero here either...

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Never mind 'JK' .. I'd say that's exactly why .. nvidia chipset will be using enhanced nvidia bus mastering drivers, & I think various posts from Clickhere moaning about that have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that for whatever reason his machine 'isn't well' - so judging any software's performance in these circumstances doesn't seem 'reasonable' to me.
    I have nvidia chipsets on all my systems and all have burners and none have issues.
    All the systems I regularily sell also have nvidia + burners and none of them have issues
    I would say nvidia has nothng to do with it at all
    As a matter a fact I would say were faced here with either a PEBCAK/OE error or very very poor hardware
    Last edited by Ferrit; July 19th, 2005 at 08:34 AM.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Honeselty clickhere, I really think you have some problems with your system, and you can't honestly blame everything on junk manufacturer's (especially when we're talking about large companies like NVidia, Nero, etc. that millions use world wide without any problems!)

I would suggest taking your pc to a qualified shop/technician to be looked over, because I think you really have some serious issues going on with your pc. that need resolved.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Honeselty clickhere, I really think you have some problems with your system, and you can't honestly blame everything on junk manufacturer's (especially when we're talking about large companies like NVidia, Nero, etc. that millions use world wide without any problems!)

I would suggest taking your pc to a qualified shop/technician to be looked over, because I think you really have some serious issues going on with your pc. that need resolved.

W3RD.......

I've uses nero since like version3 or 4 and its been flawless
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I use Nero here as well on my nforce 4 based system No problems yet and I hope never to have problems
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )