Nero: Never again - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nero: Never again

1 AMD, 2 NForce, 1 Via KT800, 1 Intel chipset plus however many I've built and serviced, and have had virtually no problems with Nero. But like any installation, sometimes one is just FUBAR. Try downloading the nero clean tool at: http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Clean_Tools.html run it and then try a reinstall.

I have had the same problem with Nero/CD Creator, the problem is I have CD-R disks from when CDs were new 1x-10x, I used them in a Liteon drive and got nothing but coasters, my sony DRU 500a drive (Made by Liteon) did the same thing. I then tried using my Pioneer drives DVR 108/109, they burned my CDs fine.

Perhaps your media will not burn properly in your writer.

Have you tried to burn DVDs?

My Liteon drives burn DVDs fine but will not burn older CD media.

All of the Sony DVD writers are rebagged Liteon drives, I don't have any thing good to say about Liteon, have always had problems with all of the drives I ever owned. I did try the last generation of their drives but had the CD write problems.
    Last edited by tyamada; July 20th, 2005 at 09:32 AM.

Sounds like a virus to me...

Quote Originally Posted by ClickHere2Surf.com
    It's not that I don't like it, it's that it has about a 90% FAILURE rate, I can't trust it at all.
    If you have a 90% failure rate that should tell you it's more than likely hardware or a conflict. I have never had a problem with Nero unlike Easy CD Creator. Nero also will burn 5.1 while Adaptec only burns stereo (cannot burn DVD backups with Adaptec). I suggest you start the troubleshooting instead of complaining that Nero is crap.
    AMD Athon 64 X2 4400+, Corsair XMS Pro XL 3200, XFX 7800GTX OC, Raptor 74GB 10k RPM, Abit Fatality A8N SLI

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Honeselty clickhere, I really think you have some problems with your system, and you can't honestly blame everything on junk manufacturer's (especially when we're talking about large companies like NVidia, Nero, etc. that millions use world wide without any problems!)

I would suggest taking your pc to a qualified shop/technician to be looked over, because I think you really have some serious issues going on with your pc. that need resolved.
    I would never in a million years take my PC to a technician, I very well know it's in terrible shape and takes 15+ seconds to redraw a window after maximizing it since my hard drive is packed full, I will soon change my mobo, cpu and ram and burn all my videos to DVD, and format and it'll be better than ever.

I have pretty much confirmed all my ruined CDs are bugs in Nero and I do know the steps to reproduce them, the reason I'm getting into so manyof Nero's bugs is that I don't use it at all like 99% of users do, so I experience bugs that 99% of users will never encounter, I now know when the bugs happen and found how to work around them, if anyone wants to confirm this let me know and I'll tell you to steps to make it ruin a CD.

I also know this isn't an nvidia problem or a hardware problem as easy CD never ruined a CD on the exact same hardware, plus as I've just said I identified the bugs causing this in Nero and found a way around. The only problems I know are nvidia are my tape drive not working, the line in sound being terribly weak, and the BSODs when accessing the built in network properties.
    Last edited by ClickHere2Surf.com; July 28th, 2005 at 04:33 PM.

since my hard drive is packed full
    How in the world do you expect anything to work then, let alone make a functional cd without buffer underruns and noise?

And if you use software incorrectly (i.e. like only 1% of the people in the world do) do you really expect a software company to make their software so that you, the 1%, can use it? Do you make your software that way? or do you make it so that 99% can use it?
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

There is no bug. It your harddrive is that full then you don't have enough free space (read system requirements). If it's so full your system slows down then that's the problem no doubt.
    AMD Athon 64 X2 4400+, Corsair XMS Pro XL 3200, XFX 7800GTX OC, Raptor 74GB 10k RPM, Abit Fatality A8N SLI

I did make sure to have a few GBs free and the PC wasn't slow when I did burn, it's only after a few days it gets slow and a reboot gets it fast again for another few days.

As I said I confirmed the bugs and how to reproduce them.

so, what are these bugs, how can they be reproduced?
    I would like to confirm them so that I can ensure my customers avoid them.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    so, what are these bugs, how can they be reproduced?
    Me too.

I have plenty of users on Nero, and for as simple of a program as it is, we have yet to use this "special way" that you do!

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    You'd make an excellent lawyer with questioning like that, Noo! Nice.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

I would sure like to know what these "special ways" no other users uses nero for?
    Cause i can tell you I have done nearly everything in nero and not burnt any coasters.
    dvd's
    cd's
    cdrw
    dvdrw
    iso's
    nrg's
    Face it clicktosurf were not getting the whole story cause your the only one who has these "special" problems
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Sorry for not replying sooner. The bug that made me ruin 70 CDs in a row can be reproduced this way:

-Make a CD project and add a few files, burn one (or not), save the project and exit
    -Now, if any of the files in the porject have changed, all further burns of that project will have corrupted files burnt to them (at least the files that were modified are burnt corrupted)

I noticed there is an "update project" (something like that) option in the file menu I need to do if any files changed, EZCD automatically warned you if the files chagned, instead, Nero just burns corrupted data while never giving any error and making it appear as though it's burning properly

Another bug in NeroVision, if you have more than 4 videos on the DVD (which results in more than one menu page since it puts 4 videos per page), I haven't confirmed this is the cause, but if the 2nd page doesn't have exactly 4 videos, you're stuck on page 2 and the only way back to page one is to eject the DVD and re-insert it. This may also happen if the 2nd page has 4 videos, I didn't test, but it seems that for the focus to go to the < (back) button, you must be on the 4th video, and if there is none, then there's no way back.

Other minor bugs that don't ruin DVDs:
    -Pressing a letter in the file list to jump to the first file starting with that letter brings you to the first item in the list no matter what, forcing me to use the mouse to select files.
    -I also noticed other standard windows keyboard shortcuts that don't work in Nero but don't remember which.

Also, I'm not using it in an incorrect way at all, I'm only using the features it has built in that many people wouldn't do (like burning 99 of the same CD, 99 because nero won't let me enter 100).

I'm sure there are other bugs I'm forgetting, but that'll give you a few to test.

By the way, I'm still using Nero since I still dont have EZCD back, I just manually check each CD because I can't trust it, and learnt how to workaround the problems so that at least I can burn my CDs.