[RESOLVED] Epson 640 Service Manual

Thread: [RESOLVED] Epson 640 Service Manual

Darren Wilson

Resolved [RESOLVED] Epson 640 Service Manual

HAs anyone got an electronic version of the Epson 640 service manual that they could email to me?

I have 2 Epson 640's here (both mine personally) which need the heads & carriage removed & cleaned & I cannot figure out how the blue hell they come out!!!! Once all the screws have been removed there is no way of actually removing anything other than the top cover (unless I am missing something somewhere).

If anyone could mail me this item , I would appreciate it.

------------------
    FINALLY, Rocco HAS COME BACK to Win-Driverssssss......
    Let the Boobies hit the floor

Thumbs up

Try here Darren:
    http://support.epson.com/hardware/pr...mentation.html

BTW, good seeing you again!

DonJ

------------------

"Don't Mess with Texas!" --The Dubya
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Darren Wilson

Thanks Don

Tried that link but unfortunatly it is only the user manuals and not the service manuals.

Managed to clear some of the blockages but the nozzles (on one it is the black & the other it is the colour!!!!) are still semi-blocked.

Looks like a 500 sheet ream of paper & 2 new cartridges to clean this S.O.B out

------------------

Exclamation

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Darren Wilson:

...unfortunatly it is only the user manuals and not the service manuals.

</font>
    Yeah, bummer...

All I was able to find is the actual Part Number for the manual: TM-SC467 which is ID'd as "Epson Stylus Color 440/640/740 Service Manual."

Sorry I couldn't help out more...

------------------

"Don't Mess with Texas!" --The Dubya
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

try soaking the heads in methyl hydrate (any 100proof gut rot will do in lue of) overnight. it will remove the ink blockages in most cases.

------------------
    <a href="http://www.georgecarlin.com/" target="_blank"> "we're all amateurs; it's just that some of us are more professional about it than others"</a>
    ----George Carlin

Darren Wilson

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Damned Angel:
    try soaking the heads in methyl hydrate (any 100proof gut rot will do in lue of) overnight. it will remove the ink blockages in most cases.

</font>
    I would but I can't get the heads out, which is why I need the service manual.
    I have removed everythign I can but they won't budge.

------------------

are the heads stuck in the home position?Ie. on the far right hand side. if so, look on the left hand side of the printer, there you will see a large white gear. juve it a turn towards you. this should dis-engage the print head lock and allow you to move them freely across the length of the printer. Alternativly, you can turn the unit on, start a test page, and then pull the power once the print head has moved from the home position.

------------------
    <a href="http://www.georgecarlin.com/" target="_blank"> "we're all amateurs; it's just that some of us are more professional about it than others"</a>
    ----George Carlin

Darren Wilson

What I need to actually do Damned Angel is to actually remove the whole head mechanism (carriage etc) off of the metal runner bar, to check underneath for any dried ink or other foreign material. I managed to get one printing sporadically after 187 test pages & head cleans!!!!!!! Got to change the ink carts again in the next few days I reckon

Really I should go out & replace one of them with a 880 at the price they are now but obviously being unemployed still, that is a little beyond my budjet at present.

------------------

I see, well if i get a chance tomorrow, I'll take one apart at work and take some pix with the digital camera. i let you know if I get it done and send them to you.

------------------
    <a href="http://www.georgecarlin.com/" target="_blank"> "we're all amateurs, it's just that some of us are more professional about it than others"</a>
    ----George Carlin

so did you get either of them working?

------------------
    <a href="http://www.georgecarlin.com/" target="_blank"> "we're all amateurs, it's just that some of us are more professional about it than others"</a>
    ----George Carlin

Darren Wilson

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Damned Angel:
    so did you get either of them working?

</font>
    TBH I haven't had chance to rip one apart yet with the information that you sent Damned Angel Been so busy at present with getting married on Saturday etc, that I just haven't had the time. I did though get one of them printing temporarily after a ton of test pages & head cleaning actions, so I have managd to do a little bit of printing out!!! Just going to cst me a fortune in cartridges until I can clean the heads properly.

------------------

congrats on the wedding, mines NEXT september

------------------
    ----George Carlin