dvd driver for pioneer 107d

Thread: dvd driver for pioneer 107d

Question dvd driver for pioneer 107d

i have downloaded the "driver" from a site. it gives me three files DVR107D_FW121.EXE,R7100107.121,UPGDVD.exe

when i run the exe files it gives me an error message
    "application target not found"

i think the driver is a .sys file how do i get it for the pioneer dvd drive??

The filenames you give indicate firmware update files rather than drivers. The "target not found" error usually occurs if you try to use the update intended for a boxed Pioneer drive on an OEM drive (a Pioneer drive supplied by a system manufacturer), in which case firmware updates should be sourced from the OEM supplier.

From your previous post on this subject, what error(s) do you get when you try to write to the drive? This could help us work out if the problem looks like a hardware fault in the drive or a software problem (corrupted ASPI or whatever). I assume you've tried a lens clean?

Lifted from 'teh other one' (which is now shut to save on confus-ed-ness ! )..

my pioneer 107d was working, and then stopped being able to write dvd's it still reads dvd's and reads and writes cd's but will not write dvd's

also downloaded the driver and when i run the exe file to install it it gives me the message application target not found.

whats going on??????
    First thing to say is that cd\dvds don't need drivers in the way that other devices do in later versions of windows, they use standard system drivers found in the o/s. Writing type programs then add functionality (such as the cd writing service in xp, or 3rd party programs, e.g. nero)..

So it looks to me like you are attempting to update your units firmware (that's its internal instruction set, kind of like a bios) as platypus suspects, & his questions are very pertinent ..

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus
    The filenames you give indicate firmware update files rather than drivers. The "target not found" error usually occurs if you try to use the update intended for a boxed Pioneer drive on an OEM drive (a Pioneer drive supplied by a system manufacturer), in which case firmware updates should be sourced from the OEM supplier.

From your previous post on this subject, what error(s) do you get when you try to write to the drive? This could help us work out if the problem looks like a hardware fault in the drive or a software problem (corrupted ASPI or whatever). I assume you've tried a lens clean?
    it isn't really an error. when i put a blank disk in it says it is full and so can't write to it. i think you are right about the firmware and this i do not want to do. i don't know about "lens clean". i initially replaced a cd drive by the 107d. i never uninstalled the cd drive. my feeling is that it doesn't know that it can be written to. do you know the xp driver that is used for the dvd?

thank you for your reply

david

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    ... my feeling is that it doesn't know that it can be written to. do you know the xp driver that is used for the dvd?..
    I just told you this bit, there aren't any 'driver files' used, windows has standard files it uses for reading (& in the case of a dvd you also need some decoder s/w) & the writing bit gets done by things called 'class filter drivers' which are added by anything that is trying to write (burn) so for instance products like Nero, Easy CD etc add their own 'class filter drivers' but not 'a driver' as the difference is that they apply to a group or class of objects, i.e. all your cd\dvd writing devices not just for one device.

i initially replaced a cd drive by the 107d. i never uninstalled the cd drive.

So what you need to do probably is to remove all of your writing software, (look at my sticky in this forum to find the KB referenced about 'upper & lower filters') & maybe that'll fix you up ?