CONSOLE NEWS: XBOX 360 News - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CONSOLE NEWS: XBOX 360 News

Hi Mr.Jingles, welcome to WD forums, you mean in PAL format ?

The Uk release date is 2nd of december (infact Europe wide as far as I can gather) so maybe you could get one shipped from over here, if you really, really want one for xmas ?

Microsoft plans 300,000 Xbox 360s at Europe launch

Microsoft will have around 300,000 of its new Xbox 360 games console available for its European launch on December 2, a Microsoft executive said in an interview published on Sunday. Industry analysts' estimates of 300,000 Xbox 360s available at launch "were not far removed from reality", said Chris Lewis, the Microsoft executive responsible for the Xbox in Europe, in German weekly financial newspaper Euro am Sonntag.

Xbox 360s sold out in many U.S. stores after the launch there on November 22 and are still in short supply, with the console selling at a premium to its $400 retail price on Internet auction sites. Lewis said it was possible the console would sell out at its European launch too.

Full story: Reuters

Xbox 360 Getting HD-DVD

Microsoft founder Bill Gates announced, among other things, that the company will sell an external HD-DVD drive for its Xbox 360 console sometime in 2006. No specifics such as price or release date were given.
    Just a month after the global launch of the new Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, Gates discussed the product's strong momentum in delivering high-definition hardware, games and digital entertainment experiences. Xbox 360 is on track to be the fastest-selling video game console ever, forecast to ship between 4.5 million and 5.5 million units worldwide by the end of June 2006.

Gates noted that Xbox 360 has also become a powerful application for high-definition television, adding that nine out of 10 Xbox 360 owners currently own or intend to purchase a high-definition television set. He announced that more than 50 new high-definition Xbox 360 games will be available by June 2006.

Building on Xbox 360 leadership in high-definition experiences, the company announced plans to deliver a new Xbox 360 external HD DVD drive in 2006. The new drive will offer millions of Xbox 360 owners the ability to easily enjoy HD DVD movies and will provide consumers with even more choices for experiencing high-definition content, in either physical or digital form.

Using Xbox 360 and the Xbox Live service today, consumers are already able to access high-definition entertainment such as Xbox Live Arcade titles, game demos and high-definition movie trailers. Consumers can also use their Xbox 360 system to access high-definition television and movies from their Windows XP-based Media Center PC.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    ..Building on Xbox 360 leadership in high-definition experiences, the company announced plans to deliver a new Xbox 360 external HD DVD drive in 2006. The new drive will offer millions of Xbox 360 owners the ability to easily enjoy HD DVD movies and will provide consumers with even more choices for experiencing high-definition content, in either physical or digital form...
    & a re-word of that comes out as, when we make our minds up who's new HD format will sell most, be that blu-ray or the one we are supposed to be backing HD dvd, then we'll get back to you & come up with a date !

For PC's, the manufacturers know, we want it ALL, so drives will be HD/Blu-Ray DVD ready, to read that is, not 100% on the burners.

Microsoft issues official statement: No Blu-ray for Xbox 360

- According to the statement, Microsoft believes the HD DVD format is the best choice for its consumer and thus is the reason behind planning to launch an external HD DVD drive for the Xbox 360 later this year. It also mentions that Microsoft has absolutely no plans to take on support for any other optical format on its Xbox 360, however they do mention that the console is a future proof system in that they can adopt its functionality to suit its customer's needs.

Streaming DivX through the Xbox 360

- This is not a mod solution or an Xbox 360 hack. This works purely using the extensibility points of Media Center and freely available tools from MS. i.e. no warranties will be voided and, when Vista MCE comes out, we'll be able to radically improve this. Aren't APIs wonderful?

Xbox 360 to get DirecTV integration

Joystiq reports that DirecTV will be integrated into the Xbox 360 dashboard, allowing users to download high definition movies and TV episodes, and stream standard definition content.
    A scan of the March 2006 issue of Official Xbox Magazine reveals "that a DirecTV blade might be added to your Xbox 360 Dashboard to accompany the Xbox Live, Games, Media, and System blades. In that blade, you could download TV episodes in high definition, HD movies on demand, and standard-definition streaming DVR (i.e., TiVo) functions."

Microsoft Set for Free Xbox Live Gold Event

Computer software giant teams with Verizon to offer Xbox 360owners a free weekend of Xbox Live Gold level access. Microsoft today announced that their first ever free weekend of Xbox Live Gold level access would be made available to Xbox 360 owners courtesy of Verizon. The Free Xbox Live Gold Weekend is set to happen March 31 through April 2.

During
    Free Xbox Live Gold Weekend, said Microsoft, Xbox 360 owners will be able to take part in online events like a 72-hour multiplayer schedule of some of the platform’s “most exciting” titles, Xbox Live Arcade leaderboard tournaments, Xbox Live Play and Win contests and Xbox Live veterans hosting new games. Additionally, a one million Microsoft Points giveaway will be happening to offer gamers the chances to win online credits redeemable for Xbox Live Marketplace digital downloadable content.

News source: DesignTechnica

Microsoft ramps up Xbox 360 shipments

Microsoft has ramped up shipments of its Xbox 360 console to widen its head start on video game rival Sony's PlayStation 3, the software giant's chief financial officer said on Thursday. The world's largest software maker raised the bottom line of its Xbox 360 sales target range for the year ending June 30 to 5 million to 5.5 million units from an earlier range of 4.5 million to 5.5 million.

Increased Xbox 360 production eased some of its supply constraints, but it also lifted manufacturing costs and hurt Microsoft's profit margins, Chief Financial Officer Chris Liddell said in an interview.

"We made a conscious decision to be very aggressive on selling Xbox 360 consoles to get as much into the installed base as we possibly could ahead of Sony's launch," Liddell said. "We're very happy with the market momentum, but from an earnings point of view, it's hurting us."

Full story: ZDNet News

Quote Originally Posted by mstealth View Post
    A really great and informative news for game lover.
    With the first 3 messages, I thought ok maybe you were excited and new, but seeing you gave this response to a 5 year old thread I'm going to guess we'll see spam from you in the near future.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Any fans of browser games here? I know this could spark a console vs browser game debate, but I'm just curious!
    Last edited by joshd; October 24th, 2011 at 03:34 AM.

I play all kinds of games on the 360 and PC.
    One Script to find them.

My money is on the XBOX 3.14
    One Script to find them.

Hi, I do love our new Xbox 360 kinect. I just don't know if this is exactly the one you are referring to. It do comes with free CD games also which is actually included in the package. For me, It's fun having this kind