Why does everyone think CDs will mahically fix problems?

Thread: Why does everyone think CDs will mahically fix problems?

Why does everyone think CDs will mahically fix problems?

I sell a program both by download and on CD, when the buyer chooses to have it on CD I also send the download so they don't have to wait, but if there's a problem, instead of asking me how to fix it, they just say "I'll wait for the CD and it should fix the problem" or something like that.

Why would the exact same file coming from a CD instead of the internet magically fix the problem? I've had a lot of users say this and I never understood why they think having it on CD will fix the problem.

Another thing I hate is when they say "The program doesn't work, I get an error message" but never mention what the error is, how am I supposed to guess?

Well it's not surprising. Aren't customers the greatest?

Can't live with them can't live without them.

I'd think it's probably because people are used to a problem being attributed to getting a corrupted download. They trust that the data from a CD installation will be trustworthy and more likely to install without problems.

Naw, they prolly expect your cd to have an autoinstall on the executable and it will fix it...
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Two whinges about customer management? May be it's you that's needs a course in Quality Assurance and Customer Relations!

Yeah customers can be some of the dumbest creatures in the universe, but managing them properly can produce you more customers - equally dumb. If you don't want to interact with customers, hire a customer relations expert.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    ..Maybe it's you that's needs a course in Quality Assurance and Customer Relations!.
    Is that the one, where they tell you, to stop telling them (customers), to f. off, until they've grown another brain cell ? & just smile sweetly & only think it ?

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Is that the one, where they tell you, to stop telling them (customers), to f. off, until they've grown another brain cell ? & just smile sweetly & only think it ?
    That would be the one.... it also gives you management strategies to ensure that you don't end up angering the very people who are putting money in your pocket.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."