Gateway

Thread: Gateway

Gateway

OK, get this. In January I bought a Gateway 7405GX laptop from J&R Electronics. The laptop was actually manufactured by Arima and rebranded as a Gateway and its been a real performer; I've been very happy with it. Well, I learned at Notebookforums.com that this series of laptops has a manufacturer's defect that has caused many hinges to crack and this left me hoping that I would not be affected. Sure enough, I noticed that my hinge had cracked last week. This Monday, I called Gateway's Technical Support and was on the phone talking to a live human being within 60 seconds of picking up the phone. The guy gave me an RMA approval without a hassle. The prepaid return box arrive late Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday afternoon I packed it up and called DHL for pickup and a DHL van arrived 15 minutes later. A FedEx van arrived today (Friday) and returned my laptop. The lid had been completely replaced and was fixed. They even gave me a new screen with no stuck/dead pixels (I had one stuck pixel that would warm up by the time Windows was loaded).
    Sorry for the long and boring story but rarely in my life have I experienced customer service this phenomenal.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Nice. Its always pleasant (but rare) to get the level of customer service you actually deserve!!

you shouldve videotaped it

call the local paper and frame the story

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Actually you have to give Gateway credit. They're sort of overlooked in the PC world these days. The problem was recognized fairly early on and Gateway has strived to correct it. I have the 7426GX (another rebadged Arima product) and the hinge problem was corrected. I used to say that my Sager 4080V notebook was the best notebook I ever owned (until it was ripped off), but I must say that I have reconsidered my view and now I'll say the 7426GX is the best I've owned.
    I've actually owned 2 Gateway laptops over the past 3½ years and I have been pleasently surprised with their quality. My former Gateway I sold 1½ years ago to a co-worker who is still using it with much success (Gateway P4 2.0GHz, can't remember the model #).
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.