Please help me install my usb drivers

Thread: Please help me install my usb drivers

Please help me install my usb drivers

Hello. I recently updated from Windows XP to Windows server 2003. I was told the Windows Server has the USB drivers on then but since my network card failed to read last night, I think my cousin ended up deleting my USB drivers by trying to install something different.

I downloaded USB 2.0 drivers but havn't tried installing them yet. I was just wondering if that was the correct driver to use? Please let me know! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sirlottery
    Hello. I recently updated from Windows XP to Windows server 2003.
    Server 2003 is not an update for XP. It is a OS with different functions than XP. Did you install it over XP or as a fresh install. I would highly recommend installing Server 2003 as a fresh install as its functions are different than XP. You can do a lot on server that you can do on XP, but XP is designed for an individual user where as server 2003 is designed to be just what it says... a Server to run multiple computers and server related functions.

Check your device manager for any errors and download the drivers from the chipset manufacturer (via, intel, ALI, SIS, NVidia etc...) that are specific for server 2003. Also if you are using a USB Network Card, I would recommend you pick up a PCI version. I have bought many netgear's or LinkSYS models for $5.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices