Ah yes open that can of worms boyz let's just see whats inside

So now thats its legal for same sex marriage in Canada
    The flood gates have now begun to open HEH
    Original article can be found here
    http://www.ottawasun.com/News/Nation...62543-sun.html
    Some info
    "Queer aisle for straight guys"
    WHAT'S LOVE got to do with it?

Bill Dalrymple, 56, and best friend Bryan Pinn, 65, have decided to take the plunge and try out the new same-sex marriage legislation with a twist -- they're straight men.

"I think it's a hoot," Pinn said.

The proposal came last Monday at a Toronto bar amid shock and laughter from their friends. But the two -- both of whom were previously married and both of whom are looking for a good woman to love -- insist that after the humour subsided, a real issue lies at the heart of it all.

"There are significant tax implications that we don't think the government has thought through," Pinn said.
    Dalrymple has been to see a lawyer already and there are no laws in marriage that define sexual preference.

'STAY OUT OF THE BEDROOMS'

They want to shed light on the widespread financial implications of the new legislation and are willing to take it all the way.

There are obvious tax benefits to marriage, they said, but insisted they don't want their nuptials to insult gays and lesbians.

"I disagree with the government getting involved with what people should and shouldn't do," Dalrymple said. "Stay out of the bedrooms."

Words of warning came from Toronto lawyer Bruce Walker, a gay and lesbian rights activist.

"Generally speaking, marriage should be for love," he said. "People who don't marry for love will find themselves in trouble."

Walker isn't personally insulted by the planned Pinn-Dalrymple union because he believes in personal freedoms and rights.

"If someone wants to do something foolish, let them do it," he said.

As for wedding plans, Pinn and Dalrymple haven't set a date.

All I have to say is Toronto lawyer Bruce Walker outta shut the hell up before hes sued for discrimination
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Sort of lets the air out of the government's case against Bountifull British Columbia as well.
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/po...olygamy65.html
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Sort of lets the air out of the government's case against Bountifull British Columbia as well.
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/p...polygamy65.html

not really:

But in both Canada and the U.S. authorities are more interested in other allegations made by a group of almost fifty apostate UEP Mormons, including several women who have lived in Bountiful. They have formed a group called the Committee Concerned with Child Abuse in Polygamy and claim that girls as young as thirteen have been brought into Canada to become the plural wives of men often three times their age or more. If this is correct, those involved could be charged under the Canadian Criminal Code for a variety of sexual offences.

sort of makes them sexual predators, doesnt it?
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

As I am sure most people know, rumors about these types of orginizations abound. If anythting were found to be proven then it would have been moved on quickly.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

Ah, yes. Rumors/accusations by former, possibly vindictive and definitely disgruntled members of the cult do not carry enough credibility to support a case against those men, especially if there is no supporting testimony/complaint from a "victim", i.e. one of the wives. It is particularly to hard to crack the oath of silence blanketing those closed, secretive societies, especially when you throw religious fervor/paranoia into the mix.

By giving official recognition to same sex marriages, the Canadian Government may be opening the doors for polygamist unions to seek official standing. If you set aside the Judeo-Christian standard/definition of marriage, why would polygamist unions have less legitimacy than monogamist ones?

Don't get me wrong, I am not campaigning against recognition of same sex marriages, just pointing out a logical extension of that line of reasoning. In my opinion, marriages to minors are still wrong, although I think they can be legal in the USA with parental consent. (You'll have to look that up.) In fact, most cultures and religions accept them as perfectly normal. The only sticking point for us then becomes the legal age of consent and the extent of parental authority.

And, don't limit your thinking to older men having multiple young wives. How about older women having multiple young husbands? Or, older people having multiple young spouses of both sexes? Bisexual (Metrosexual?) Polygamy with Minors! Just food for thought!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Thank You El_Squid thats exactly the points iu was trying to make
    The can of worms is now open
    Food for thought indeed. All of the mentioned combinations have become not only a possibility but a reality as well.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    Ah, yes. Rumors/accusations by former, possibly vindictive and definitely disgruntled members of the cult do not carry enough credibility to support a case against those men, especially if there is no supporting testimony/complaint from a "victim", i.e. one of the wives. It is particularly to hard to crack the oath of silence blanketing those closed, secretive societies, especially when you throw religious fervor/paranoia into the mix.

By giving official recognition to same sex marriages, the Canadian Government may be opening the doors for polygamist unions to seek official standing. If you set aside the Judeo-Christian standard/definition of marriage, why would polygamist unions have less legitimacy than monogamist ones?

Don't get me wrong, I am not campaigning against recognition of same sex marriages, just pointing out a logical extension of that line of reasoning. In my opinion, marriages to minors are still wrong, although I think they can be legal in the USA with parental consent. (You'll have to look that up.) In fact, most cultures and religions accept them as perfectly normal. The only sticking point for us then becomes the legal age of consent and the extent of parental authority.

And, don't limit your thinking to older men having multiple young wives. How about older women having multiple young husbands? Or, older people having multiple young spouses of both sexes? Bisexual (Metrosexual?) Polygamy with Minors! Just food for thought!
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

I've been told I'm married to this computer. I'm thinking about making it official.

Any tax breaks that I can get from Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1
    I've been told I'm married to this computer. I'm thinking about making it official.

Any tax breaks that I can get from Canada?
    Dam straight ya can
    anyone hassles ya, just scream ya got rights and threaten to sue for discrimination
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    Dam straight ya can
    anyone hassles ya, just scream ya got rights and threaten to sue for discrimination
    How come this political thread is loose in the lounge ? .. I got told off last time for observing that some things aren't just political but a part of life, however at least I saw it when posted in here !

Anyways, where ever its ended up, I'd say you are demonstrating an outstanding 'leap of logic' to conclude that any polygamist's out there are planning to make matters legal everywhere as far as they are concerned, by using 'anti discrimination' legislation & judgements to get their way (not like they won't already ! ). The whole premise of the 'homosexual marriage' debate (& the various judgements) is that its unfair to discriminate based on a persons sexuality, not on many folks 'sexuality' (or prefered living arrangements, however you want to describe it), so that's all a non starter

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    Ok, I've got two friends, both straight and are confirmed bachelors. One has a good job, the other works for himself (ie no health insurance). What if these two got married, could one be covered under the other's health insurance? They'd be living their lives as they normally do, but they would share that matrimonial bond on paper only.

I think it could be done, if it hasn't already.

If its in Canada thats exactly what the 2 people in the story are doing
    So yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebox
    Ok, I've got two friends, both straight and are confirmed bachelors. One has a good job, the other works for himself (ie no health insurance). What if these two got married, could one be covered under the other's health insurance? They'd be living their lives as they normally do, but they would share that matrimonial bond on paper only.

I think it could be done, if it hasn't already.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    www.northernaurora.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tacklebox
    Ok, I've got two friends, both straight and are confirmed bachelors. One has a good job, the other works for himself (ie no health insurance). What if these two got married...
    They can get married under all this 'gay rights stuff' & get just the same benefits as anyone else who can 'marry' .. where the situation is patently unfair is when you consider family relationships, where say a window & a child co-habit (hopefully not indulging in 'incest: a game for all the family !' ), but can't get the same tax breaks & benefits confered by a 'marriage', unlike a homosexual 'marriage' (or just a same sex partnership as there's nothing saying you have to 'indulge' ) - which ain't right at all ..

(I keep putting it in quotes as I'm sure you need an un-related pair, one a man & one a woman for it to be what I understand as a marriage & not something done for financial reasons !)

im tired of being discriminated against by our tax system because im single. why cant i get those tax breaks to!!!!

maby i should "marry" my room mate and we can have hte tax breaks, and the health care, and the shared benifits, and the reduced insurance, and anything else that married people enjoy that us batchleor colledge students cant.