Hello, all. My first post.

I have a circa 1999 Gravis Xterminator Digital Gamepad with a male DB15 connector (7 pins across top row (left-to-right), and 8 pins across bottom row, L-R).

Pin numbers (top row; L-R) 1, 4, & 7 are missing, and pin numbers (bottom row; L-R) 1, 3, & 6 are missing. This is how the connector/serial plug was configured when I bought it. No modifications have been made. A piece of tape around the cable indicates it is a REV3A.

Possibly the word "Digital" throws a monkey wrench into the entire situation - I don't know.

I love my Gravis Xterminator Digital gamepad (worked fabulously on all Win98 games I threw at it), but, of course, there are no serial and/or old gameport DB15 interfaces on newer Windows XP machines - not on mine, anyway).

I need an adaptor for converting the DB15 male connector on the Gravis Xterminator Digital gamepad to insert into a USB (V2.0 or less) port on my new computer.

I'm pretty good at modding cables, pins,etc., but was wondering if anyone here has any success in:

1) Finding an adaptor that works for this configuration (Serial DB15 (Digital) to USB)

2) Modding a cable to get the Gravis Xterminator Digital gamepad to even work properly through the USB port.

It has been a never-ending search, and I have hence bought a Logitech USB game controller - but it just ain't the same. I don't like it.

I dearly miss using my old Gravis - its weight, programmability, and especially the "heft" - how it feels in my hands.

Living a bit in the past but hoping against hope (and many sincere thanks to all comments, fixes, recommendations, references, and even "Oh, just give it up and join the real world." comments are greatly appreciated.

Mark