Cisco PIX 501 Firewall

Thread: Cisco PIX 501 Firewall

Cisco PIX 501 Firewall

Hey guy's. I have go hook up new conputers to the network. I got a Cisco PIX 501 Firewall, I can't go out to the internet beacuse the firewall is blocking access to the new PC's and switch. Does anyone know what is the ip of the firewall and default username and password? I the that took care of it left and did not give the info. Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by esnetsc
    Does anyone know what is the ip of the firewall and default username and password? I the that took care of it left and did not give the info. Thank's
    Does it not tell you in the mannual ? ( I'd look but the link you gave doesn't want to resolve for me at the moment )

Probably though you'll find yourself wanting to reset the password (generally pretty simple as long as you have physical access, again 'procedure' should be in any mannuals), as if the previous guy has done his job right, it should have gotten changed (the default account & password) mind if he were doing things right, your password list would be secure in some safe or such ..

Probably though you'll find yourself wanting to reset the password (generally pretty simple as long as you have physical access, again 'procedure' should be in any mannuals), as if the previous guy has done his job right, it should have gotten changed (the default account & password) mind if he were doing things right, your password list would be secure in some safe or such ..[/QUOTE]

This is what I found, but no username of pass:

This is the installation & configuration document for this device's series.

& a quick whizz through seems to say there is no default password & user name, & that when it got shipped, it would have come with those details, which is absolutely no help whatsoever !

However I read on a bit & did some clicking off the link I just gave you & I found this bit, which is a bit more helpful
    The PIX Firewall system ships with PIX Firewall software Version 6.3, which includes a pre-installed DES activation key. If your PIX Firewall is not enabled for DES, 3DES, or AES, and you are a registered Cisco user, you can receive a DES, 3DES, or AES activation key by completing the form at the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Softwa...id=221&fid=324. To become a registered Cisco user, go to http://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do .