CD Burner does not recognize blank cds - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CD Burner does not recognize blank cds

...firmware update, perhaps?

or do you think it's just the burner itself? (i do intend to try hooking it up to a different computer soon and seeing what the results are)

it's funny, i have researched and researched this problem of a cd burner not recognizing blank cds and repeatedly asking to "insert a disc" and a lot of people seem to be having the problem, with all different kinds of burners (especially for DVDs) yet not ONCE in all the message boards i have searched have i seen the problem get solved...

hello ! things here are getting complicated lol well here is a small tip for you if you have not already done it it may sound dumb but have you tried another brand of cd's to write to. had this prob too before and it turned out that my burner itself would ask for the cd when it was already in the drive turned out that the burner was very picky over what cd's i used I tried four different brands until I found one that the burner would use. Sounds simple but some burners just do not pick up certain brands of cd's.
    Don't Worry be Happy! Things could always be Worse..There is a fix for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by defyapathy
    .. i dont know if keeping the Gear Software on there could conflict with the method you are trying to get me to use to fix this...? ..

...firmware update, perhaps?

or do you think it's just the burner itself? (i do intend to try hooking it up to a different computer soon and seeing what the results are)..
    It'd have helped I think, if I'd focused on the fact that this is an external drive, which I've only just spotted now, whilst reviewing this thread to see where we are 'at' .. ( @me !!)

With an external drive connected via USB, with no burning software there at all, or any additional drivers, you just ought to be able to plug the drive in & windows just find it, & just use it .. (no s/w required, no drivers, nothing !).

So yeah go try the unit somewhere else, if possible, we've never established that this unit works ? (as it came from e-bay & we've never gotten it working 100% ? & I note you never answered Platypuses [ I jumped in & confus-ed the hell out of you by waffling about class filter drivers], very pertinet question about whether it'd read pressed or commercial cd's ..) - so will the unit read commercial cd's ok ?.

If it can, & if we get the device recognised without this burning software having to be present, then yeah, I'd conclude it might well need a firmware update (& once all the questions are answered & we are sure, I'll endeavour to find you one), but the advice just above about 'picky media' is quite possible too.