VIA VT6306 1394 Firewire

Thread: VIA VT6306 1394 Firewire

VIA VT6306 1394 Firewire

Hi!

Can anyone help me with the above subject?

I installed VIA VT6306 1394 Firewire card to my PC for digital video transfers purposes. But my digital video camcorder is not recognize when it is connected with my PC. What seems to be the problem?

My PC has Pentium 4 3Ghz 531 and an ECS 865-M7 motherboard with 3 PCI slots w/c are PCI 2.3 complaint. Currently installed on the PCI slots are my firewire card and an internal modem.

HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Hello! First off, I'm going to assume you are running some version of Windows. Specific info on your operating system is usually very helpful. You know, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Mac OS 10.xxx, etc.

Anyway, after you installed the card and restarted the computer, did you get a message that said new hardware was being detected and installed? If the driver CD was in the computer it should have gone on to install the drivers without much intervention on your part. You can confirm whether the card is working correctly by opening Device Manager and looking at the status of the device. A yellow ! means the device was detected but has a problem, and no entry means the device just wasn't detected.

In either of these situations, you should shut down the computer, open it up, and be sure the Firewire card is fully seated. It has to be pushed all the way down in the slot, front and back.

Yes, that last 1/32 of an inch matters.

I'm using a Windows XP SP2. Yes, I can see the firewire card at the device manager and it has no yellow exclamation point. But when I connect my mini DV camcorder to a USB port, it is detected. But when it is connected to the firewire, it can not be detected.

Why is that so? Please help.

Thanks!

hi,

help me for geting the driver via vt6306 fire wire adapter, i am using winxp sp2... as of now it has a yellow mark to the device manager... help me to solve this problem....

teloyskie...

thanks in advance!!!!

Welcome to Windrivers teloyskie

What is the error shown in the properties of the device that has the ! next to it. What is the name of the device that windows displays?
    First of all, what motherboard do you have? Have you loaded the chipset drivers?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I have a Athlon XP 2200 (1.8); Asus A7V8X-X MB; 512 PC2700 running XP SP2 and I have tried installing the same card - VIA VT6306. Each time I start it is recognized and shown as running properly. I connect an external HD (2.5") and it crashes my system with a spontaneous reboot. I tried in anther system and had a similar crash. I know the cable and drive is good as I have used them on a Compaq with firewire. How can I get this card to work?
    I also found a link that was to have a driver that would work - followed all directions and still crashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.