[RESOLVED] Opti 16 930

Thread: [RESOLVED] Opti 16 930

malibu

Resolved [RESOLVED] Opti 16 930

I am trying to install a sound driver for the opti audio 16 for the 82c-930
    I have found a site to download it from but I don't know how to install it from there what file do I save it in to install it?
    It's driving me crazy as I miss not having sound.
    Thanks for your help.

The file that you downloaded is probably a .zip file. First of all, you will need some sort of unzipping utility like Winzip ( www.winzip.com ). Then go to device manager and update the driver for your sound device. When it asks for a driver disk just point it to the directory where you unzipped the files that you downloaded.

Good luck

BTW, after you unzip the the downloaded file, there will probably be some sort of readme that will explain how to install the drivers.

------------------
    Steve Taylor - Service Manager
    Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho USA
    www.altoplanos.net

[This message has been edited by stevet (edited October 06, 1999).]
    Navin: "The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

Hi.

Once you unzip the downloaded driver file there will be a readme.txt file. Open it with notepad, a word processor, dos editor, etc. It's a good place to start.

There will also be an install.exe utility to run in dos - it will set up directories for configuration utilities and driver libraries.

Things to be careful of:

If the card has a cdrom interface, it can be very difficult to set up unless you are using a realy old slow CDROM - disable it - don't use it; if you have a choice, don't let the sound card installation configure your CDROM for dos - there is a much greater chance of success, if you use the install utility that comes with your CDROM or do it manually.

If the card is PnP and has a cdrom interface, there can be IRQ problems if you have a lot of adapter cards - sometimes there is a noide.bat file in the driver package (usually not from OPTI, though) - it flashes the EPROMS and removes the IDE functions.

Generally the drivers which OPTI so generously provides work very well (even though they didn't make the cards) but sometimes there can be some clicking or crackle with wave files and sometimes some pretty bizare detuning effects with midi files - not much you can do here, at least not that I know of.

If you have the drivers from the actual manufacturer of the card there should be no problems. Nice cards, the Un-Blasters.

Banned
    google picks up some **** ! ,,,it just found tthis post,

EMPTY YOUR CACHE google ,,,,,

82c-930

Can you send me the link to get drivers for 82c-930?

Thanks