DVD burner slow down help

Thread: DVD burner slow down help

DVD burner slow down help

Hi
    i'm new to the forums , ive looked everywhere on this and other forums trying to work out why my burner on my laptop has started to slow down drastically. I just replaced the burner on the laptop today and it still burns slow.
    It was working fine a couple of weeks ago , and i had burnt appox 20 dvds before it began to really slow down ( according to nero cd/dvd speed , 0.8 - 1.1 x in wrting tests) ive found other people that have experienced the same p[roblem but i can't find a solution to why its happening.

i'm using nero express ( what i got from the manufacturer)
    i do have alcohol installed.
    running a p centrino 1.7ghz dothan
    1g ram
    and have about 5 gig free on the hd

if anyone could help it would be much appreciated
    cheers

Alcohol is an amazing product, but I'll never put it on my primary PC.
    It installs virtual hardware devices and puts an unusual amount of strain on a computer. It's best installed on a spare PC that is reserved for the more imposing applications.
    I've even had Alcohol BSOD a computer.
    I don't know if Alcohol is the problem. But for lack of other responses, I would suggest removing it.

Windows is all about services. Many problems are caused by failing or conflictin services. If you have multiple services that do the same thing, they may or may not peacefully co-exist.

Optimally, no one should have more than one flavor of burning software on a computer. They tend to run various services full-time whether you're burning or not. Not all running services will show up in either Task Manager or the Services Management Console. Only EXE's can display in Task Manager. Some services only use DLL's called by svchost.exe or some other EXE that is already always present under Task Manager. And Services only show up under the Services Console if the registry keys are added at install time to specifically add the service to the list! (If you're extremely good with the Windows registry, you could add some of your hidden services to the console by writing those missing registry values.)
    If you truely want to see the services that are running, go here in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es

Sorry I can't hand you a solution, but I'm hoping this might direct you in the general direction of an eventual solution.

JeffO