Unable to setup RAID

Thread: Unable to setup RAID

Unable to setup RAID

I have a D875PBZLK Motherboard I am trying to make it work RAID 1. I am unable to go to step (3) Create RAID Volume, then I get a message saying “Not enough non-raid disk available to create a volume”.

Below are the steps that Intel prescribed to me.

1.) Ensure that the Intel(R) RAID Technology is enabled at BIOS level. You can access the BIOS of your Intel(R) Desktop Board D875PBZ by pressing <F2> upon boot. Go to Advanced/Drive Configuration. Enable the Intel(R) RAID Technology.

2.) Turn off the system. Unplug the power cable.

3.) Connect both Serial-ATA drives. Once these are connected, power the system back on to create the RAID Array.

4.) Access the Intel(R) RAID utility by pressing <Ctrl> + <I> and select the option "Create RAID Volume". Select either RAID 0 or RAID 1. Once the volume is created, the next step would be to install the operating system and RAID controller drivers.

5.) Insert your operating system disc, which can be Windows* 2000 or Windows* XP only, and boot the system with it. During the operating system installation you will need to provide the drivers for the RAID controller. Detailed instructions on how to install the drivers can be reviewed at the following URL:

Describe what you have done thus far to create the raid set. Where are you going to create the raid set?
    Last edited by Kodiak; September 5th, 2005 at 08:53 PM.