PC crashes when inserting second disk

Thread: PC crashes when inserting second disk

hello im new to this, ah i have an ASUSDRW-1608P and when i put a cd in right it loads and that but when i eject it then put another one in after it my comp just crashes! this happend to my other dvd burner i donno y it does it! Im running XP home SP2 with Intel 3.73GHZ extream, AX850XT, plz HELp it's so annoying!!!! AHHHHHH!! Thank you.

Hi kenshin1337 welcome to windrivers forums . (I split this thread out from another & renamed it, as it seems to be a seperate issue).

Can you tell me/us what you are burning with ? (mention all your burning apps & any virtual drive type products please, or you might try running the 'filter driver load order tool' {which will tell the geeks among us what you've got or had loaded} found in this forums sticky). The most likely answer is that you have some piece of 1/2 isntalled s/w interefering with matters.

If you can give full details of the crash (the blue screen or error message details ?), so much the better.

well..
    i dont have any virtual drives all i do it put a burnt game in right, then i close it and it loads yeh. and when i take it out and put say "CD2" comp freezes :\
    i donno y i use nero ultra but i dont burn anyhting at the time i do this in desk top and it does it
    but i have noticed if im on mirc and winamp and do it it does crash more than wat it would if i didnt have em running u get me ? hope so haha :butt: anyway ty hope u understand

oh yeh! there are no error msg's it just crahses and i have to hit the reset button. :\

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin1337
    ..all i do it put a burnt game in right, then i close it and it loads yeh. and when i take it out and put say "CD2" comp freezes :\..
    So does this happen with say playing two audio cd's, or after playing movies ? .. If not I'd be asking myself just exactly what I might have 'burnt' & what I might have had to do it, to get it to work, that might have some unexpected consequences, u get me ?

yeh possibily, but i think it wouldnt have anything to do with it being burnt, coz even original games do it sometimes so id say it would have something to do with say windows, or something ? my other computer even did the same thing to i think this is gonna b a hard one... :\

Can you post me up the results from the 'filter order load tool' ? (which is linked in this forums sticky ) & if you know that you might be using enhanced IDE drivers, can you mention that too ?

& when you said earlier 'no error messages' - have you looked in 'event viewer' ?

Smile

wheres that? i think iv found out wat it is, i think it's winamp that crashes it whan i have winamp playing it only does it. now wats this veiwer thing ? ? ??? ty

ok now wat do i do ?

download the tool install it, run it and then click on the cd/dvd drive in question

In the upper window on the right there is a report. Type out what it says into a reply.

Go into the event viewer and post details about Red icon events.
    Last edited by NooNoo; September 8th, 2005 at 05:03 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."