Do you have a Degree?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a Degree?

Do you have a Degree?

I am embarking (hopefully) on my last year of University which will get me Batchelor of Science Applied Computing (Honours) and I thought I would find out what other people have in the way of degrees, masters, phd's etc...

Where did you get yours? How long did it take you? How old were you? What is it called and what does it mean?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Well I went to AMA Int'l Uni, Bahrain, took 3years to get my Bachelors degree, I started the course at 18, and graduated at 21

Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics
    The Business Informatics Programme of the AMA International University of Bahrain is a ladderized program which aims to prepare students who can bridge technology into business practices. The program of study in business informatics is designed to train management-oriented and technically proficient professionals.

I have a two year Associate of Arts degree from one of the local junior colleges. It took me two years to get it and I was 29 when I finished. Yes, I started late but I did get that far at least. As to what it means: hellifiknow.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Just an associate degree here in "Specialized Technology". - It was 18 months, straight through.

I have two AA's : Food and Bev. Management (earned that in 1987), Computer Science (1996). Certified in Novell 1997 ( I was 38 when I got that).
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

I have a BS in education (Secondary Communications - to be specific) which means I could teach english drama or speech. after trying my hand student teaching I decided I didn't really want to go that route, and worked for several years in mental health with troubled kids. I went away from that as well, and decided the one constant thing I enjoyed through all that was computers. so managed to get a job as a VMS operator and worked my way up to net admin for our production facilities. Along the way I got a Associates in Specialized Technology from ITT (18 months) and a few certs.

Of course now I HATE computers and wouldn't mind getting out of the field, but I doubt I will (get out of the field that is)
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    Associate in Computer Science. Started Sept '98 and Graduate with a 3.8 GPA in May '04. Went to school nights, usually 2 courses per semester and only took Summer courses twice. Also, as I progressed in my courses, some of my required courses weren't available or they were cancelled, so that stretched things out a bit.
    It was difficult at times, working days and my wife worked nights and taking care of two little ones, but it paid off- I'm glad I did it.

I'm a BSc Hons in Business Computing with .. (loads of stuff as its a cats style degree), I was 29 when I started at Leeds Met, & I've concluded my degree means squat, as you seem to need certs as well now but my course outline was kind of like techz's .. I have a great aversion though to working in large organisations, where bean counting comes before sense, so its never done me that much good but I'm glad I did it anyway, as I got drunk, lots !

Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology - Major: Network Management

from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology

2+2 program, 2 years college diploma + 1 year studies + 1 year experience.

took me 3 years of book learning, and 16 months of work.