Inspiron 8200 Video Card Upgrade

Thread: Inspiron 8200 Video Card Upgrade

Question Inspiron 8200 Video Card Upgrade

I'm wondering if this can be done without any software/hardware errors that will drive me insane (well I am talking about computers, so I'd be hard pressed not to find a problem that won't drive me insane).

I was looking on Bay Wolf and I found a list of Dell notebook video upgrades. When my friend Alex and I looked at the list, we became intrigued by the nVIDIA Quadro4 700 Go GL 64MB. Apparently it's essentially a nVIDIA GeForce4 4200 Go. The Dell part number is 6X935.

So this leads me to ask...

Any idea(s) on where to get the card and if I did, where the heck would I get the drivers? I've taken a quick look on eBay, but no avail, and I assume I'd have to get some form of hacked drivers.

Thanks for the help!
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

Upgrading video cards on laptops are only possible on the very few that were built to be upgraded. If your inspiron is one of them, then you have to go through Dell.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Upgrading video cards on laptops are only possible on the very few that were built to be upgraded. If your inspiron is one of them, then you have to go through Dell.
    Well it's possible to put the Quadro4 700 Go GL in the Inspiron 8200; I just found out it's do-able (apparently it's the same form factor, etc.). I'd probably have to find hacked ForceWare drivers though.

Any ideas on where to get it though? I've called Dell's Home Support line and they don't have any cards left for the Inspiron 8200 and I'd assume they wouldn't have older ones at all.

(I did learn that the card was in the Precision M50 (the business workstation equivalent of the Inspiron 8200), so I could call Dell's business line...)
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

That would be the best bet...or trawl ebay for a broken lappie...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."