help with printing problems

Thread: help with printing problems

Post help with printing problems

just got call from my mom who is having printing trouble. I'm at work so I can't actually look at the machine until later today, but the symptons are very strange and I think I need some ideas before I go there.

She says she can print test pages no problem, but the printer won't print from any application. I know the printer was functional when I set it up, because I had printed a recipe for her that I found on the web.

the message she is getting is the error printing to LPT1 message. How can it print to the port with test pages but not in word outlook express or Interent explorer.

the printer is a samsung 1200 laser printer and it's hooked up to the printer port.

I'm going to check the cables for tightness, and unistall and reinstall the printer, but beyond that I don't know where to look. This is perplexing. Any help is much appreciated.

problem temporarily solved. I almost forgot the first rule of tech support "Reboot" came here and powered on the machine and printed some stuff no problem. Called her and asked her if she rebooted at any point during her problems and she said no. So I guess I'll assume it's okay for now.