xp no longer sees scanner

Thread: xp no longer sees scanner

Unhappy xp no longer sees scanner

help...

my device manager still shows my scanner (Hp R60 all-in-one) as an image device. the driver (dot4scan) is where it should be. all of the troubleshoot wizards find no problem...

but i still am unable to access the scanner using the scanner/camera wizard.

i was always able to use this accessory before (haven't use it since June though).

when i go to the HP site, the message is conflicting. it wants me to uninstall everything and make the plug and play feature find and reinstall the device, but it says i should NOT use the CD that came with the printer. The Add Hardware wizard though wants me to use the CD since my drivers don't show up in the list automatically generated for HP. assuming i can even find the CD anyway...

the printer works fine so i don't want to uninstall everything (i fear i'll never get it all back).

if i haven't totally confused you, does anyone have any ideas about how to get my system to recognize that i have a scanner again?

thanks.

Arrow

Hi yvonnemari,

Welcome to WinDrivers!

I take it you've already looked at this document at HP's website: HP Officejet Pro, R, or PSC 500 Series - Installing the Software in Microsoft(R) Windows XP

Microsoft(R) Windows XP already contains drivers provided by HP for the HP all-in-one models listed below. Microsoft(R) Windows XP already contains drivers provided by HP for the HP all-in-one models listed below.

All of the printing and scanning drivers required to print and scan were included with Windows XP. No additional software is required or available for download or ordering. Windows XP also contains much of the functionality that was previously supplied by the HP software. HP will not be releasing any additional Windows XP software for these models.

NOTE: Do not install the software from the CD-ROM that came with the HP all-in-one product. This software was not designed to work with Windows XP and may cause a "Software not supported" error message when the CD-ROM is inserted into the CD-ROM-ROM drive.
    Also, make sure that you have verified that the parallel port mode is set to ECP mode in the BIOS of the computer.

Since you had this device working properly previously, something must have changed. It might be best to completely Uninstall your existing software and start fresh. Of course, you just might need your WinXP CD disk to do this if the .cab files are not already installed on your hard drive.

Read here also:
    HP All-in-One Products - Resolving Installation Problems with the All-in-One Drivers Built into Microsoft(R) Windows XP It has a section on Uninstalling your software.

Once you completely Uninstall your software, make sure you follow the step-by-step procedures for Installing the software.

Several of your User's Guides are located here.

Here is a listing of possible problems with their software installation.

Hope this is enough to get you started to solve your problems. Let us know how it all ends up.

Good Luck!