Hello,

I don't know if this is a hardware or software problem, but I have been using a Caplio RR120 Digital Camera successfully for two years, with my PC, which was built by a local company (England) and is not a Packard or a Dell !!

My camera works fine on another PC.

When I used to plug my camera into the USB port, a new folder would come up in My Computer .. called F: Removable Disk and I could load my photos from there.

But my PC now thinks the camera is a Mass Storage Device and just won't work.

When I plug it in, at bottom right of screen icons appears (that never used to happen) and the following pop up, in succession,
Caplio RR120
USB Mass Storage Device
Camera Digital Camera USB Device
Disk Drive
Then says my new hardware is ready to use.
Then the USB Mass Storage Device appears in Device Manager
--

Recently, I installed the Windows Backup facility from the Windows CD but have not used it as I don't have an external drive. I wonder if this has changed some setting in the Registry or somewhere to make my PC think it has a Mass Storage Device somewhere? I've uninstalled the Backup facility, but this has not solved it.

Is anyone familiar with the way the Windows Backup facility changes the Registry? Could it have put any of the following in and would the removal of the ?Unknown Devices help?

If anyone knows of a Forum with more Registry expertise please let me know?

-----
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB

Unknown Device
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\Vid_000 0&Pid_0000\5&3b769765&0&1

Unknown Device
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\Vid_000 0&Pid_0000\5&3b769765&0&2

Optical Mouse
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\Vid_046 d&Pid_c00e

Mass Storage
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\Vid_05c a&Pid_0102

Film Scanner
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\Vid_277 0&Pid_0119

Digital Camera
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SBSTOR\Dis k&Ven_CAMERA&Prod_DIGITAL_CAMERA&Rev_1.00

ControlSet001 and ControlSet002 are the same.