Any option to make MS Word NOT remember the last print quantity?

Thread: Any option to make MS Word NOT remember the last print quantity?

Any option to make MS Word NOT remember the last print quantity?

I had just finished a 1000 page double sided print job all of the same 2 page word document, and then I had a 500 page word document to print once, but as I was piling it next to another 500 sheet print job I noticed the pile of paper was getting noticeably taller than a the other pile of 500 sheets, I then realized it had remembered the 1000 print quantity of before and was going to make 500,000 prints! It's not the first time this happens to me but it's the first time I didnt notice my mistake right away.

So is there any option to make word revert to 1 print with each new document I open because I have a feeling this will happen again otherwise?

Thanks

I don't have Word running where I am to try at the moment, but I thought Word itself normally defaults back to 1, for example among the many tips here are instructions how to make it not do that:

http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/W183_Printing.html

but if the number of copies has been set in the printer setup, that's what stays set the same.

When printing multiple copies (or making other changes to print quantity or quality) do not use the "Apply" button in the File/Print dialog because that button applies the current settings to the printer device, not to the document. Make your changes and then click the OK button to print the current job with the current settings. As Platypus observes, the correct place to fix this once it's been screwed up is in the Printer setup dialog - set the settings you most commonly use there and apply them.